The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

This is spectacular. They should set aside thirteen minutes on Wednesday’s show to air this before the  match.

Whew! This feels big time! I can’t wait.

Somebody give that editor a raise.

Mox has been pretty much on top form, certainly on the mic, for his entire AEW run. His ability to hit a buzz phrase whilst still feeling spontaneous and natural is second to none. What that video does so brilliantly is pick out the key expressions in Omega that get drowned out amid the rest of his waffle, both in the ring and on the ring, that mean, for me at least, his angle work never has that punch, that feeling of a distinct moment or event happening, that is key to getting the thing over. That video highlights those critical points and cuts out the rambling, drifting promos and not-quite-doing-it moments, and it's no surprise he looks like a megastar. It's just a shame Mox looks like he'll be handing the belt not to a disgusting heel, but just a bit of a prick.

Edited by CavemanLynn

The main talking points from Tony Khan’s media call yesterday seem to be-

* he can’t comment on Brodie Lee not being on the show since early November but expects him back soon (Lee is rumoured to have been off due to a minor ankle injury) 

* Miro will be a top star in the company, but needs to go through a “rebuilding process”

* Dark is set to undergo changes, possibly being split into 2 different shows, one of which focuses on developmental while the other features more established stars

* When asked about the possibility of Trios Titles, Khan indicated they’re still thinking & talking about them, but it won’t happen until the second part of 2021 at the earliest (“I just want to get through 2020, I’d like to get to Beach Break and moving towards Revolution but I definitely think it’s something on my agenda”) 

28 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

* Miro will be a top star in the company, but needs to go through a “rebuilding process”

almost agree with him, but it's Rusev. This is a guy who everyone wanted pushed but wasn't. He has the fanbase there. People think he's good. They don't need to rebuild him or repackage him in some weird way and have him messing around like he is now.

If anything I'm less interested in him as the weeks go by, and surely that's exactly what they should be avoiding.

I've not given up on him, or AEW's booking of him long term, but it does feel very frustrating.

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

almost agree with him, but it's Rusev. This is a guy who everyone wanted pushed but wasn't. He has the fanbase there. People think he's good. They don't need to rebuild him or repackage him in some weird way and have him messing around like he is now.

That's not quite how he meant it, I don't think. He mentioned win/loss, the main event scene, current plans and how just throwing someone new into them affects a lot of things...

Miro needs to settle, pick up some wins, then take off and have that big main event push that everyone thought he should be having years ago. 

And Khan is right. You can't just change all of your plans because an ex-WWE guy who has a big following got released and signed for AEW. Give him his own AEW build, and make it fun. Ok, maybe the Kip stuff isn't the best right now, but at least he's there, and at least he has a chance of a big push. People are very impatient when it comes to wrestling nowadays (probably a result of WWE rushing to, and then repeating 400 times, every match).

41 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

That's not quite how he meant it, I don't think. He mentioned win/loss, the main event scene, current plans and how just throwing someone new into them affects a lot of things...

Miro needs to settle, pick up some wins, then take off and have that big main event push that everyone thought he should be having years ago. 

And Khan is right. You can't just change all of your plans because an ex-WWE guy who has a big following got released and signed for AEW. Give him his own AEW build, and make it fun. Ok, maybe the Kip stuff isn't the best right now, but at least he's there, and at least he has a chance of a big push. People are very impatient when it comes to wrestling nowadays (probably a result of WWE rushing to, and then repeating 400 times, every match).

There's a middle ground for me. There aren't many things I'm too against - and I'm more than patient with a lot of stuff they do in AEW - but I've gone from being incredibly excited to see him get a chance there to .. not really caring if he's there each week or not. And that's something I never thought I'd feel, but there are so many better things going on in AEW right now. I know they can't push everyone but it's a little disappointing at the moment.

There's nothing wrong with slowly building someone or putting them in the background for a bit before pulling the trigger. The problem with Miro is that he's doing the worst shit imaginable in that company. Kip Sabian? Chuck Taylor? Having a childlike fit over an arcade machine? I like video games as much as anyone but I've got no idea who this appeals to. They're actively killing peoples interest in the guy.

29 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

Is AEW Plus on FITE also Live just like TNT or only next day recaps?

It's live and without many of the ad breaks

Edited by MPDTT

Wow. What an episode of wrestling TV! 

I did not know I could be so excited to see Sting back in wrestling but man that was an amazing moment. Made 100 times more special by the legend that is Tony Schiavone, he was just in his element. Looking forward to see how they integrate Sting into AEW.

Really enjoyed the main event and am glad they now have Omega as the champion. Wasn't expecting the ending at all but loved it and I'm interested to see where it goes, lots of possibilities. It won't make me start watching IMPACT but I might keep upto date with things via YouTube clips. 

Enjoyed everything else on the show too, fun battle royal to start things and good Jericho match and Inner Circle shenanigans. 

I've said it before on here but AEW has really rekindled my love of wrestling to the point I genuinely look forward to it every week, I even deemed this week's important enough to set an alarm to get up early to watch it and that was without knowing Sting would be showing up! 

• Paid Members

The battle royal was tons of fun, especially the interaction between Hangman and The Dark Order. Some strange spots like Matt Hardy eliminating Hangman twice and some good spots like Wardlow hiding Sammy and MJF in the corner.

Wardlow is the main guy for me, what a hoss. Miro was booked in the battle royale as he should have from the start, strong and aggressive. Then they blurred the lines and made him look like a face being beaten down by the Inner Circle and then he was back to heel fannying around in the never ending died with Best Friends.

I really hope they don't rush the Inner Circle stuff with the ultimatum next week. 

The Sting reveal had me really happy when he walked out, then Taz' guys disappeared and I was just thinking he's another addition to Cody's ever growing squad. I had completely forgotten Darby Allin was even there and he's the champion. If Darby had been stood in the opposite corner, him stood face to face with him with both of their facepaint showing would have been a brilliant visual. Hopefully they put those two together, but Sting looks rather old these days without the dyed hair. 

Britt Baker continues to be a revelation and it's such a shame that the main focus of the women's division is someone else's title. The only thing we saw of Shida was her acting weird and scared backstage. 

The main was brilliant. Absolutely the right man won. Unsure about Omega needing Callis, but will see how it goes. Excited to see what happens next week, but I would give Mox a few weeks off.

totally different ending from what anyone even half expected. I like surprise, but feels a lack in logic. Will happily see where this goes tho, something different is usually fun. TNA wouldn’t be the worst place for some of the Dark crowd to go get some tv time