The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Just listening to the latest Whatculture Wrestling podcast - they are really playing up the idea that a deal is done and Jon Moxley's mystery attacker will be revealed as KENTA. Winter is Coming....KENTA is coming. 

I would lose my shit if the 'forbidden door' was now opened.  

https://player.fm/series/2182516/278814113

Edited by MPDTT

If that was going to happen, they could have had the match in aew and had omega cost Mox the match. Would have saved a lotta travel and gotten more heat on their match. Think Mox getting the month off AEW to quarantine either side of his trip to drop the belt is as good as it’s gonna get. 

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

Just listening to the latest Whatculture Wrestling podcast - they are really playing up the idea that a deal is done and Jon Moxley's mystery attacker will be revealed as KENTA. Winter is Coming....KENTA is coming. 

I would lose my shit if the 'forbidden door' was now opened.  

https://player.fm/series/2182516/278814113

While I really doubt that this is the case, if it turns out that it is, maybe spoiler shit like this.

2 minutes ago, Chris B said:

While I really doubt that this is the case, if it turns out that it is, maybe spoiler shit like this.

I have no idea if that's the plan - it's just fans throwing out ideas and theories 

Edited by MPDTT

I could see the attacker being Kenta, something like more video found of a masked guy doing the deed, probably an aew guy Stand in, then do an edit of Kenta unmasking reveal he was "at" aew etc 

Not ideal but best that could happen with restrictions and gets wheels moving for it.

Otherwise in AEW Miro is sinking fast, he was a hot prospect coming in, for all his creative skills him and Jericho said he had, its not showing so far or needs help and a direction.

He could turn it around but even his matches have been sloppy and pretty shit.

Can't stand Cody as a face, too much revolves around him and everything he does screams heel to me.

I like Team Taz but cage is so bland, Hobbs has potential, look is there, cool through back name with Powerhouse, needs to sort his hair out though, they'd be a solid muscle tag team to have in mix of all the flippers 

• Paid Members

I'd be very surprised if Kenta was the attacker, just purely from a business point of view.

If they give the spot to a regular member of the AEW Roster then they've got a match, or a storyline, that they could potentially use to make money. If it's Kenta then they'd be using it to make New Japan money. It's a bit hard to build to a match which is already happening in another promotion. What does AEW gain from putting more eyes on WrestleKingdom?

I can see the two promotions working together on some level but cross-promoting storylines like that seems a step too far.