The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

On 11/21/2020 at 10:16 AM, WyattSheepMask said:

if it’s on the second day, then winter isn’t coming is it, it’s already arrived

Now all I can picture is Omega coming out with ear muffs and a scarf on saying to the girls with the brushes 'brrr int it cold? Gritters are out' 

Another good episode anyway, I like the guest commentator thing, reminds me of '98 WWF in a good way 

I assumed it was the Bucks who twatted Moxley backstage? Then again I fast forward through anything they're (The Bucks) in so I'm probably wrong 

For all the talk of how great Kingston is on the mic (and he is) Tazz is usually superb as well, he's got tiny head Cage and one man Lenny and Lodi tribute act Starks over, can only get better with Hobbs with them

12 hours ago, Pogue said:

Now all I can picture is Omega coming out with ear muffs and a scarf on saying to the girls with the brushes 'brrr int it cold? Gritters are out' 

Another good episode anyway, I like the guest commentator thing, reminds me of '98 WWF in a good way 

I assumed it was the Bucks who twatted Moxley backstage? Then again I fast forward through anything they're (The Bucks) in so I'm probably wrong 

For all the talk of how great Kingston is on the mic (and he is) Tazz is usually superb as well, he's got tiny head Cage and one man Lenny and Lodi tribute act Starks over, can only get better with Hobbs with them

I'd love to see Moxley cross paths with the Bucks at some point, Moxley and a partner (Darby? Page? Cody?) vs The Bucks at an upcoming PPV is a direction I'd very much be in favour of.  

• Paid Members

That Page vs Silver graphic is genuinely one of the best things I've seen in a while. Silver is absolute money. 

In regards to Dark, it was 15 matches long, 15 matches! I know its good to give some of the guys a 'payday' and some experience, but do they have to put every match on Dark? Why not cut it in half and have two episodes a week? Or even tape it once a fortnight? Surely that would be safer than 15 matches plus whatever is taped for Dynamite?

• Paid Members

I bloody love Dark. Watch it over 3 or 4 sittings. It's an incredibly easy, pleasant and fun watch. Way better with 2 hours of random scrubs each week than it was back when they had crowds. You get squash matches, new faces, funny commentary, a short tidy matches each week. Perfect. 

• Paid Members

I'd rather they aired Dark on Friday/Saturday on weeks where they don't have a PPV. That would give enough days to catch up on it before the next Dynamite. As it is, a massive Dark followed by Dynamite 24 hours later is a bit overkill for me. Space it out a bit!

Yeah, Dark should be the AEW post show on the Thursday. I find myself not watching on the Tuesday due to fear of burnout but then most of the time end up forgetting about it until the following week. Posting it on the Thursday would make its near 3-hour run time feel much less intimidating.

Really enjoyed it this week. I thought the show had great pacing and a great mix of matches and angles/interviews. I'm really looking forward to Omega v Moxley next week following the excellent promo work by both guys. 

Added bonus was they seem to have finally sorted the sound issues when cutting to backstage/pre tapes!! 

• Paid Members

I can't believe we are over a year in to Dynamite and Taz is still taking shitty digs at WWE. God it's tiresome, they need to let it go now, really takes me out of it every time it happens. 

John Silver has very tiny hands.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Nick James said:

I can't believe we are over a year in to Dynamite and Taz is still taking shitty digs at WWE. God it's tiresome, they need to let it go now, really takes me out of it every time it happens. 

John Silver has very tiny hands.

Better then if it had Mo Farahs.

I thought it was the best top to bottom episode in a while. Felt really tight. And I loved the tribute to Bottom  

3 hours ago, Nick James said:

I don't have a problem with it, especially in this context where Taz wasn't so much taking digs at WWE as he was comparing the way he was treated in WWE to the way AEW treats him. The ultimate insult if you're AEW surely is "you're just like they are". 

Taz is playing a bitter ex-wrestler who doesn't feel like he's ever been respected, and I thought this worked really well. Even the fact his mic got shut off worked for me. It didn't feel like he was getting censored, it felt like an eye-roll from management who just wanted to get someone who was wasting time and spouting shit out of the ring. 

All in all that show was a lot of fun.

Page/Silver was lots of fun, and I would love to see the Page/Dark Order interactions build up to a Page/Brodie match. I've really missed Brodie in recent months and he can't come back soon enough. 

The Matt Hardy promo was interesting, hopefully he'll head in a more interesting direction going forward. 

Powerhouse Hobbs, as he is now, was unintentionally comical. The mean scowl on his face was a bit over-the-top. I think he's got a lot of potential but I hope his heel act doesn't begin and end with "I look mean now so therefore I am bad"

I'd actually quite like to see Hobbs and Cage act as back-up to Ricky Starks, who is emerging as a real star in AEW. Kind of like Starks having two Diesels. 

It's nice to see FTR back, and I'm interested to see what they do next. 

The only black spot on the show was the utterly ridiculous Best Friends/Miro & Kip feud; that can't end soon enough. I hope they find a new direction for Miro soon, the partnership with Kip is abysmal. The threat of a Nyla/Brandi feud is also a bit shit. 

Omega in his suit and shades with his curly hair has a real Horsemen vibe to it. Liked him doing the traiditional "promo over" walk off to turn back to add more to his rant. Really looking forward to the Moxley match.

Hobbs, with his big teeth and scowl really reminds me of Reggie from The Nutty Professor. Someone who is a nasty piece of work and thinks they're really intimidating but actually, they're a bit ridiculous. He just needs the shitlocks and for Cody to trap his fingers in a piano lid now.

DgfvR0JU8AA0rGV?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by cobra_gordo