The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

I don't feel like there's a time limit on parodying anything as long as it's funny. This was pretty funny. Vince would have been absolutely battered because if he had done this it would have been absolutely shite and unfunny in every possible way imaginable.

Yeah I really don't get the whole 'well that's an old reference' type thing. People quote old movies etc all the time, so as long as it's something funny and relevant and people get it then what's the problem?

And yes, AEW's humour is generally far more on point than whatever stupid shit Vince finds funny at the time.

• Paid Members

My guess is it's Page, trying to help out Omega and get back in with him and the Bucks.

I thought it was an ok show this week with good angles but the matches are still too long. For TV wrestling you have to really ask what the story/point of a match is then book it accordingly. Did Pac/Blade really need to be 10 minutes to tell that story or could it have been 5 minutes and done the exact same thing? If a match is long enough that it's split over an ad break maybe it's too long?! If AEW shaved off 4-5 minutes off most their TV matches it would benefit the matches massively and they would have time to include more stories/acts/angles/matches on their show. 

The NWA Women's title means more than the AEW one at this point.

If you're ending the show with a heel turn also why not do it so the babyface lose because of it, not after they've already lost. That's wrestling 101. Hobbs in Team Taz looks awesome though.

Omega looked the business in that suit/shades combo. Great promo from Mox too.

I get that they probably paid a small fortune for Miro so want to focus him but his Sabian/Best Friends stuff is total dogshit.

Everything with Kingston/Lucha Brothers/Pac was lovely. Hoping Penta turns on Fenix and rejoins Eddie soon.

Edited by LaGoosh

39 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The NWA Women's title means more than the AEW one at this point.

It's the one thing I find quite confusing about companies working together. You don't want 'your' talent to look weak. Yet generally I'd say the NWA ones have been showing up the majority of the AEW division for weeks now. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually really enjoying the NWA matches but it's just a bit strange.

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

My guess is it's Page, trying to help out Omega and get back in with him and the Bucks.

If it is Page, that'll be the stupidest booking decision in 2020 and that's something in a field including Evil winning the IWGP Title, Retribution and the Tucker heel turn

Edited by Tsurutagun

Yeah don't want it to be Page, we don't need anymore layers to this thing, he's a sympathetic face that's over so don't over complicate things like when face Gargano helped heel Ciampa win.

Ideally I'd have KO beat Mox on 2nd, Bucks come to celebrate...out comes Hangman shakes Omegas hand, all's good do pyro and pose with all 4....then The Elite beat the shit outta Page, no shades of grey just straight heel/face dynamic

• Paid Members

My Daughter says it was Archer. So it probably will be. Also she really liked the Hangover skits even though she hasn't the foggiest what the Hangover is.

I thought it was a middling episode myself. It did enough right to get us to next week where hopefully we'll have a killer go home show for 'Winter is Coming' (yeah I don't get why that works as a title either but it's certainly a reference casual modern fans will get)

Really quite impressed by Top Flight. They seem to be what I wanted Private Party to be in the ring.

Thunder Rosa is ace.

Pac should have probably dominated that a bit more before the Family interfered for the DQ imo.

Anyone see Britt Baker's Waiting Room talk show on Dark? Brilliant idea that wasn't quite executed well because the angle was meh (TH3). But they built a proper old school style set like the barbershop or Piper's Pit. It looked ace and has tons of potential particularly as Britt is top notch with those poser promos and cut downs.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DEF said:

Anyone see Britt Baker's Waiting Room talk show on Dark? Brilliant idea that wasn't quite executed well because the angle was meh (TH3). But they built a proper old school style set like the barbershop or Piper's Pit. It looked ace and has tons of potential particularly as Britt is top notch with those poser promos and cut downs.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Well, the Britt/Reba parts of it anyway. Thought the set looked great. Plus they addressed Kingstons Full Gear attire looking like shit!

North Carolina being shoehorned into Kenny Omegas entrance every week. What's this about? Is it a BTE reference I don't get?

Edited by Lorne Malvo

9 hours ago, DEF said:

I thought it was a middling episode myself. It did enough right to get us to next week where hopefully we'll have a killer go home show for 'Winter is Coming' (yeah I don't get why that works as a title either but it's certainly a reference casual modern fans will get)

It's on December 2. The 2nd day of winter. Winter is coming.