The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Loved that main event, great match. Kenny always brings the heat and the finish was good to solidify Kenny as a big time heel, who is ready to lord it over poor Hangman.

Not too sure about the AEW+Impact partnership, as I, like many others, do not pay attention to Impact and I find them fairly cringeworthy. I mean Tommy Dreamer is still there ffs.

But, I'm open to it, and if AEW can perform some quality control on the partnership, then I'm sure they'll be able to figure out how to make it work. And to be fair to AEW, I trust them to make it work. 

If this potentially leads to a scenario with the Good Brothers opening the doors for an NJPW & AEW partnership, then I'll get behind it, because I need to see more Okada/Omega matches.

Schiavone and Sting, match made in heaven. Loved that moment, and I legit got goosebump throughout that moment. 

Just now, DavidB6937 said:

So you don't think they have anything decent on their shows at all? Strange with how well they're doing and how many positive comments they get on here.

Not what I said at all. I said that they have no quality control. Yes they have some decent stuff but they also have a lot of utter shite too.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I've seen some of their shows - they can't.

Not what I said at all. I said that they have no quality control. Yes they have some decent stuff but they also have a lot of utter shite to

Always a great barometer to base a whole opinion! Followed by a great contradiction by yourself. Tit.

Best Wrestling TV episode of the year. Everything felt huge. Sting still looks like Sting! Maybe the fact he has been careful since 2001 when and where he wrestled and not having the schedule of Taker has done wonders for the character and he still looks great. 

Main event did drag a bit a times, but was still a great match. Didn't see the swerve coming, and didn't see the TNA announcement. I, unlike others are excited by the prospect of a TNA rivalry as long as it is in small doses and they stop Sami stinking up Dynamite. I see it being like the old Smokey Mountain/ECW WWF deal we had in the 90's and if that is the case, can only be a positive. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

23 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Not what I said at all. I said that they have no quality control. Yes they have some decent stuff but they also have a lot of utter shite too.

By this logic, there's never been a wrestling company in history that has ever had any semblance of quality control. 

• Paid Members

That was just great.

That was one of my favourite Battle Royals ever. I popped massively for Hangman and the Dark Order and Miro finally looked like a star. It was a good way to further the Inner Circle storyline as well. The only real negative was JR and Excalibur missing an elimination because they were too busy shilling insurance. Schiavone must be knackered carrying that team

I stupidly went on Facebook this morning and got the Main Event spoiled for me. I'm so glad that was the only thing, because Sting debuting was such a great moment and I'd have been gutted if I'd known it was coming.

I get that Abadon is scary but Shida is coming off like a cowardly heel Champion, which is an odd direction to go in. I'm guessing we're just supposed to forget that they've wrestled before and Shida won?

I was really enjoying the Main Event until the weird spot with the chairs, which really threw it off. The finish felt a bit off as well. Callis was trying to get the match stopped, dropped his microphone when Moxley punched him and Omega hit Moxley with it. How is that a screwjob?

Nitpicking aside, it was a good match over all and it is an interesting twist. I also noticed that they were name dropping and putting over New Japan guys on commentary as well, so it looks like something is going to come from that relationship too.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Out of interest, when was the last time you watched it? It's been a really solid show over the past few years, even if no one watches it. I don't have time to watch it regularly but I've dipped in and out. They've really benefitted from just doing their own thing and not really being under the pressure of competing with WWE.

I've watched it the last couple of weeks. They recently teased that AJ Styles was coming back and delivered 

Spoiler

Hornswoggle

Not a great move for a company that's infamous for making big promises and not following through.

Omega apparently jumping now means that they've got THREE World Champions. Three! 

• Paid Members

I don't think I've ever gone from elated to deflated quicker than Omega and Callis running off, to '"This Tuesday - Impact wrestling!". I can't stand inter-promotional cross-brand shite and it's really took the wind out of the sails for me. AEW already has a bloated roster without muddying the waters by having Impact guys turn up or AEW guys go to Impact.

Other than that, thought it was a great show. Sting was a great surprise.

3 hours ago, Louch said:

totally different ending from what anyone even half expected. I like surprise, but feels a lack in logic. Will happily see where this goes tho, something different is usually fun. TNA wouldn’t be the worst place for some of the Dark crowd to go get some tv time 

A kind of developmental-lite relationship with Impact Wrestling might work, I'd not considered that. There's certainly enough quality on Dark that Impact could benefit from using. 

AEW could absolutely benefit from utilising the Impact women's roster. 

Having said that I'm a little disappointed that Kenny's explanation will appear on Impact rather than Dynamite. I'm sure they'll recap it, but I feel slightly less excited about next week's Dynamite as a result. 

It was great to see Sting turn up, and I'm really intrigued to see how they use him. It's a little thing, but I really liked how he stared down Darby last and for longer than he did everyone else. 

I can't wait to see how they use him, providing he doesn't end up joining the damn Nightmare Family. 

Was there any mention of Shaq this week? I wonder if that potential partnership has fallen through?

I may have completely missed him in the Battle Royale, but what's happened to Colt Cabana? I was really enjoying his storyline with the Dark Order, but it appears to have completely fallen off the radar.