The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Stayed up to watch it, Sting popping up was a nice surprise, I know he won’t be a wrestler full time obviously, I just hope they don’t pair him as a manager with Darby Allin.

Didn’t like the way the last 5 minutes of the Title match was booked but it was the right result.

I guess Impact/AEW have a working relationship then.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Way better than his shite WWE music! He also gets a pass on the whole "Legends are overdone" thing because the guy seems to know when to stick around and when to leave, to the point his character still looks like a plausible mysterious avenger of sorts. 

Made me realise how weird Sting without Schiavone was. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

That Schiavone call was tremendous the passion in his voice was clear, not a can it be? Micheal cole call.

the main event was intriguing but not really convinced a Impact/Aew alliance is needed but a Grace/deonna Purrazzo vs Shida match could be all sorts of great 

For fucks sake, every Battle Royale has the same “he thinks he’s won, oh no he hasn’t” finish

Enjoyed the Rhodes/Allin v Team Taz tag match. Hobbs still needs a lot of work obviously, but he’s definitely a prospect.
The Sting reveal was a genuine surprise and has obviously killed that WCW “revival”, I think Schivone found a register he hasn’t hit in decades. Makes you wonder how much he’s getting paid though, we all know that Sting goes where the best offer is.

I think we all knew that Omega was winning the belt, but there was a part of hoping that he wouldn’t. The match itself was fine up until that sit on the chairs part, and then it started to fall to pieces. 
Got to wonder what AEW are gaining out of their champion showing up on Impact’s TV show, or any sort of working agreement for that matter. I’m sure Cornette will have an aneurism about it on his podcast, but Tony Khan needs to stop trying to be everyone’s friend. For all the talk of an improved product over the last year or so, Impact are absolute minnows and no-ones going to give a shit if Impact guys show up on Dynamite. But a few might care if AEW guys turn up on Impact, so whose really gaining from it, because on the surface it sure as fuck ain’t AEW.

2 appearances by Jerry Lynn this week. I’m telling you, the guys got a match left in him

I'm not sure there's a moment I've enjoyed more this year than hearing Tony when Sting turned up, and I actually didn't really give a shit about the possibility of the Stinger in AEW. But that was a genuine moment of emotion and I'm all for that.

The main event was great but.. ugh, I feel like I'm being over-critical but I already said I didn't want a NJPW/AEW relationship so I can't see why I'd be here for an Impact/AEW relationship. It just isn't what I'm looking for. I really just want AEW to be AEW and to stand on its own feet and.. yeah, I just don't really get it right now but we'll see.

• Paid Members

As long as they limit it similarly to how they have with NWA, I’m all for it. Have one or two crossover feuds every couple month, maybe do a big worlds collide every now and again. 

2 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

I love AEW, and it’s the only show I actually watch, but there’s not one fucking thing they can do to get me to watch TNA in 2020.

Out of interest, when was the last time you watched it? It's been a really solid show over the past few years, even if no one watches it. I don't have time to watch it regularly but I've dipped in and out. They've really benefitted from just doing their own thing and not really being under the pressure of competing with WWE.

Got the Sting debut ruined by a YouTube Pop up when I opened my phone "AEW ITS STING" but no Biggie glad it wasn't title match spoiled, hope the stinger is linked with Darby and nothing to do with Cody, I know he's doing. Triple H tribute but everything doesn't need to revolve around him.

Inner Circle stuff could be interesting but perhaps too soon, should've teased Wardlow and MJF more before Cassidy was known to be in the match.

Omega winning is 100% the right move, wasn't keen on the "screwjob" type deal but hopefully it was badly worded and more just Callis and KO with a devious plan, working with impact could be interesting and see what it means going forward, but other than Good Brothers dunno who is worth it there.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Out of interest, when was the last time you watched it? It's been a really solid show over the past few years, even if no one watches it. I don't have time to watch it regularly but I've dipped in and out. They've really benefitted from just doing their own thing and not really being under the pressure of competing with WWE.

I think its clear that Impact will be the junior partner in all of this and I'm sure that Callis etc will be comfortable with that.

There are always a few who refuse to acknowledge that things have moved on since 2015 and that cheques aren't bouncing and Dixie isn't running the show any more, but Impact these days pretty much a whole different promotion apart from the tape library. 

A lot of intriguing matches in the offing and while I know more about the Impact roster than AEW's (other than the recent departures), I know they will impress a lot of AEW's fanbase who many not have been following their careers. 

My main hope is that they don't go all WCW Invasion and have AEW wrestlers 'defecting' to Impact. I suppose they already have with Omega, but at least keep the companies separate.  

Suppose I'll have to start watching Dynamite again!

Edited by garynysmon

24 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I watched bound for glory because id heard the usual TNA is better now line but i thought it was a complete mess. 

If people enjoy it then thats amazing as its a great redemption story, but I just thought what I watched was awful.