The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

8 minutes ago, Louch said:

Cassidy and Allin work in small doses, if anything they should be on alternate weeks to give them That space to not be over exposed. 

Exactly, and especially not even in ring. Allin's black and white skate vids with historical X Games celebs get him more over than going 20 minutes with a no name. Plus it protects their investment by not having him murder himself on free TV (body bagging down a vert ramp aside).

Cassidy's appeal is specifically about how little he does, which wrestling every week completely undercuts. Even the man himself seems to be getting bored of it all.

Edited by CavemanLynn

I'm not getting my hopes up just yet, couldn't we still be waiting an age before he can go to the states?

It'll be interesting to see where he goes first tho, Eddie Kingston currently has his boys under his wing.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I'm not getting my hopes up just yet, couldn't we still be waiting an age before he can go to the states?

It'll be interesting to see where he goes first tho, Eddie Kingston currently has his boys under his wing.

There are flights to the states from the UK still flying. Just massively reduced. Pete Dunne wasn’t in the US all lock down was he?

• Awards Moderator
On 10/30/2020 at 7:41 PM, LaGoosh said:

YES! Finally!

Great news!

I wasn’t keen on this week’s episode, it was all downhill for me after Hangman/Wardlow. It was almost a shame that Page won that one, as well, because MJF planted a hell of a tease beforehand about what would happen if Wardlow won the tournament. Not a lot else on this show really grabbed me. 

Full Gear card is looking great, but they made it abundantly clear (not that it wasn’t already) they don’t give a shite about the women’s division.

Intrigued by the way some of the PPV matches might go. Don’t know who I’m meant to cheer for in the tag title match, so maybe some shenanigans are due. Omega/Page is happening as far as I can tell, but that can’t be their big epic match straight away, can it? And MJF-Jericho happening already was a surprise, but if they go with MJF beating Jericho, then the Inner Circle starting to follow their young new dominant lion while the old beaten alpha gets slowly cast out of the pride ... that would be grand.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Finally getting round to watching this week's episode.

Two thoughts so far,

Wardlow could be a decent big man face, needs to sort his gear out, that singlet is to basic and doesn't suit his body shape, "biker" trunks would suit him better.

Other ring gear related but Kingston looks terrible, he's a street brawler so he'd better suit the combats and tank top rather than black/red/yellow singlet top.

1 hour ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Finally getting round to watching this week's episode.

Two thoughts so far,

Wardlow could be a decent big man face, needs to sort his gear out, that singlet is to basic and doesn't suit his body shape, "biker" trunks would suit him better.

Other ring gear related but Kingston looks terrible, he's a street brawler so he'd better suit the combats and tank top rather than black/red/yellow singlet top.

I’m not bothered by what Wardlow wears but I completely agree about Kingston. I’ve rarely seen someone so talented look so unspectacular.

Just watched it on ITV hub, I know you probably have to be a fan of Japanese/Mexican wrestling to get it but the Penta chops spot is shite, as previously mentioned, whoever he's wrestling should just twat him while he's stood there

Good show overall though, that Russian woman needs signing full time if she hasn't already as she stands out a mile with her look

Years of watching wrestling makes me think Guevara and whichever one of LAX will be turning on Jericho at the PPV, Guevara needs to stay heel forever either way, the most punchable face in wrestling history 

• Paid Members

Jesus FUCKING Christ. Eddie Kingston. I’m calling it. They need to change every plan they have and put the belt on this man right now. Fuck everything else. Omega can get it next year. Kingston is the guy. They’ve struck gold. I don’t give a shit if he’s got amateur-looking gear. I don’t care if he’s out of shape. He’s one of the the best promos and most believable characters of all time.

No-one rates Moxley as much as me but he was absolutely dwarfed by Kingston’s performance here. There’s levels to this stuff and Kingston is on a completely different level of his own. Everyone else is reciting lines with varying levels of ability. Kingston is a completely authentic human being losing his mind and screaming his heart out. Unbelievable. Goosebumps. I’d build my entire company around him.

Someone this talented was selling his boots to make money a few months ago? What the fuck? He should be a multi-millionaire.

Edit: Also, John Silver main eventing Dynamite and being moved to the PPV main card. Hell yeah. Big match John.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

It was a bit of a skip forward with MJF and Jericho this week, however I liked it. MJF tackling Jericho while he was on Comms was a great visual, as was Jericho still kicking off about it at the beginning of Trent / Miro.

Miro is just not working at the minute, is he? That camel clutch finisher looks terrible, John Cenas STFU looked more menacing. Trent was moving his head freely while Miro had it locked in. The online promo between Trent / Miro / Excalibur was brilliant, I really enjoyed it, but this segment just fell short for me.

Taz is knocking it out of the park with the promos these days, he's great. However, I just don't believe that Cage or Starks are big deals.

Tony Khan is getting mentioned a lot lately, he was mentioned in the Omega, Taz and Vikki segments, I give it 6 months to a year before he's an on screen personality. 

Omega coming out after Page has already made the safe was a nice touch. 

Eddie Kingston, though? My god what an absolute diamond in the rough. Anyone slating his gear or look clearly don't understand the character. The guy is money, I wouldn't change a thing about him until he wins the title. Then have him start wearing suits and dressing smart as a 'sell out'. What a travesty that he has only just gotten his break, and if it wasn't for fan outcry, he probably wouldn't have been signed. 

I see Brandi has found her new thing. I could do without Vikki doing the same tired, dated schtick she's been doing since the mid 2000's. Nylas strikes to Shida were terrible. 

Is Cody heel this week? Hopefully Derby takes the title at Full Gear just for a change for the TNT open challenges. Brodie Lee should have held on to it for longer

For me this week was a 50/50 show. The good bits were very good, but there was a lot of swing and misses as well. Omega / Page is ticking along nicely and I never thought I would be this invested in a Moxley match as much as this one. Even though Jericho / MJF seemed to skip a few weeks of story, their bits were great this week. 

No Britt Baker was a shame. 

Edited by Nick James