The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Above average episode but yeah, I'm totally sold on Full Gear. I thought the Wardlow/ Page match was pretty good, really enjoyed Omega/ Penta. Douchebag heel Kenny in his t-shirt with the AAA belt underneath was great. Had to pause the stream I was watching just before the main started so I could explain to my wife why there would be sweeping brush ladies.

I'm actually starting to feel annoyed at the state of and lack of attention given to the Women's Division.

Imagine if they threw a men's world title match on Full Gear with Marvez saying someone who hadn't appeared on Dynamite in a while had made a threat that we'd never heard them make. It's inconceivable. The division isn't going to get better until they actually treat it until it matters. They had an open goal this month too, Britt Baker vs. Shida is a match people actually want to see. I'm amazed that they didn't make the effort to build up to that. Baker as champ is probably the best chance this division has of actually being good. 

• Paid Members

Has Nyla Rose featured on Dynamite since the week she introduced Vickie Guerrero as her manager? Some fucking manager, you can’t even get your client on TV!

Madness that their women’s division gets such little focus yet they have time for a Shawn Spears match. Other than his immediate family, who could possibly want to see that?!

Edited by Supremo

Is Shawn Spears affiliated with FTR as they’re both linked with Tully Blanchard? I mean, it’s Shawn Spears so it doesn’t really matter, just curious as to whether or not it’s like how Jimmy Hart would manage a bunch of guys but not necessarily under the same umbrella.

If choking is illegal, how is the Bulldog Choke a legal submission move?

Shida v Rose again? They haven’t got anything going for that women’s division have they?

Without sounding like a Cornette type, I fucking hate it when a guy just stands there while Penta takes his glove off, no-one acts as though they’re trying to win. If a guys thwarting about with his gloves, punch him in the face! Speaking of Penta, just call him Penta because ‘Penta El Cero Meido’ is shit.

• Paid Members

Surprised by the "average show" comments. I thought it was a really great show and loved everything on it. Can't wait for Full Gear*.

*except Shida/Rose. Fuck that. Give me Baker/Shida and a Baker title win. Also they need to sign that cute, scary tiny Russian girl. She's really good.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

LOL @ The Young Bucks stealing Cody’s stipulation about never fighting for the Titles again if they lose at the Pay Per View. Only really works when you’re a beloved babyface, guys. Why should I care that these two might never get another shot at the belts? They’ve acted like snivelling pricks for the last two months, attacking my favourite announcer. Fuck ‘em. I hope they lose. I hope Big Tone costs them the match and then shags Britt Baker to celebrate!

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Supremo said:

LOL @ The Young Bucks stealing Cody’s stipulation about never fighting for the Titles again if they lose at the Pay Per View. Only really works when you’re a beloved babyface, guys. Why should I care that these two might never get another shot at the belts? They’ve acted like snivelling pricks for the last two months, attacking my favourite announcer. Fuck ‘em. I hope they lose. I hope Big Tone costs them the match and then shags Britt Baker to celebrate!

Could be that they're kayfabe trying to get some reflected kudos from using popular blue-eye Cody's stip, then will just breach it the first chance they get. 

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Could be that they're kayfabe trying to get some reflected kudos from using popular blue-eye Cody's stip, then will just breach it the first chance they get. 

This stip combined with the suspect behaviour surrounding Cody's matches makes me wonder if we're going to get a heel stable involving Kenny, Cody and The Bucks. Kenny as champ would mean there wouldn't really be any need for Cody to break his 'no title challenge' stip, while the Bucks wouldn't necessarily need the belts in the short term if they're part of this unit. You could eventually have a title match where Kenny puts his belt on the line, if he wins his pals can challenge for the titles again, if he loses he can never challenge for the belt again. Or something like that. Whatever the case, they can put themselves in a situation where they can get out of the stips they've created. 

1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

This stip combined with the suspect behaviour surrounding Cody's matches makes me wonder if we're going to get a heel stable involving Kenny, Cody and The Bucks. 

This is what I was thinking, maybe with the Inner Circle switching babyface? Or do the Young Bucks really think they're edgy badass babyfaces?! (Matt Jackson is such a whiny bitch!)

Good show. Love Handsome Wardlow and the finish to the Hangman match was lovely. Orange Cassidy's scrappy comebacks still get me excited. Tony's "Chris Jericho SHUT UP!" was hilarious. Been loving prick Kenny Omega the last couple of weeks although the Penta match was crap for my tastes.

Jon Moxley is the greatest North American babyface in God knows how long. Such a shame his best feud had to be scrambled together last minute and will probably lead to a bad garbage match.

What I'd do to see this version of Jon Moxley vs The Tribal Chief Roman Reigns.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Jon Moxley is the greatest North American babyface in God knows how long. Such a shame his best feud had to be scrambled together last minute and will probably lead to a bad garbage match.

Why will it be bad? It's probably going to be great.

The Bucks doing the Cody stip for Full Gear is definitely leading to some kind of shenanigans unless they just win clean.

I know it would never happen in a million years, but the young Bucks signing a contract for this match and FTR immediately kicking them in the balls as soon as the bell rings would be incredible...... The bucks did specifically say that if they don't win the belts...... 

Edited by poetofthedeed