The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

That was one of my favourite AEW shows ever, although I wish they'd sort out the sound issues going into taped segments. 

The MJF/Jericho musical number was absolutely brilliant. I couldn't stop smiling throughout. 

I both liked and was confused by the Omega presentation. I still have no idea what "The Cleaner" actually is. My other half, whose only exposure to wrestling is AEW, was confused to the point she thought the women sweeping up with brooms was a bit sexist. 

Kingston/Moxley is excellent, but it's a shame they played that initial post-show segment from last week with the Dynamite music in the background. It's a little thing, but it took away from just how frigging intense it was. The build up to this match should be superb, even though I'm slightly fearful about what they might actually do at Full Gear. I don't want them to follow up their musical number with a tribute to Hostel. 

Add me to the growing fanbase for John Silver. I think he's going to be a breakout character in 2021. He's so much fun to watch. 

Finally, the Lucha Bros match was fantastic and I really hope this leads to them splitting up. AEW has one hell of a tag division and clearly they're a valuable part of it, but this match being the spark that leads to a feud between the two and a match at Full Gear? Yeah, I'm more than good with that. 

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

To say how up his own arse he is and how big his ego has been, has there ever been a more selfless person in wrestling in terms of getting over the younger up and comers, than Jericho? Not just in AEW as well, he did the same for Fandango at Wrestlemania etc. 

Yeah that win did WONDERS for Fandango's career. ;) 

I must be in the minority but I HATED the MJF/Jericho segment.
Only thing I found remotely funny was that Jericho is meant to be the singer yet MJF was the one who sounded decent.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

I didn't notice Alex Reynolds getting knocked out when I watched it live but just went back to watch it to see whether it was as shocking as people on twitter are making out and it really is. The awkward way he just lies there makes it inexcusable that the ref didn't pick up on it and intervene. In fact after the referee has picked up on it after he was conscious and clumsily going through the motions the ref seemed more interested in rolling him out of the way than checking his welfare. 

Enjoyed all the first round matches and looking forward to the tournament matches next week. Was really impressed with Wardlow, I was expecting Jungle Boy Jack to get the win and take on Page next week and was looking forward to that but I'm completely sold on Wardlow now and hope he puts in a good showing next week against a bigger opponent that he can't just chuck about as he did with Jungle Boy. 

Jericho/MJF wasn't really my cup of tea but seems to have been well received and its one of those things fans will remember for a long time... Looking forward to seeing where they are going with this friendship /feud though. As others have said the build up to the world title match was fantastic, looking forward to seeing that and the PPV in general

Jericho stuff was as shite as the Omega stuff was fantastic. Not that I believe Kenny will ever actually be a heel the fans will hate, but I very much like where they’ve been going. I think the crowd not being there can help heels as the AEW crowd tends to laugh, joke and sing along with the bad guys too often. 

Pretty sure he will be taking the belt off Moxley. 

3 hours ago, KJHenley said:

Was it your first time seeing a musical?

No. But it wasn’t fitting in this tv show to go from a meal to what it turned into. I’d have turned over of watching live