The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Having watched it about 10 times now - the Jericho stuff was a lot of fun. I don't have any issues with it. It's not like it's a legit sport show and suddenly you've got two sworn enemies doing a musical number or something. It's wrestling. They do crazy shit like this all the time. I do agree that WWE probably would've been criticised more for it, but at the same time I doubt it would've been half as good coming from them anyway.

Now that was a really good show with a couple of flaws (Dr Samson not being very good and the weird booking of FTR/Bucks) 

My main takeaway from Wednesday night was how many people don't understand how wrestling actually works. 

I saw a bunch of takes on twitter from "smart" people who were mad that Sonny lost in a less than a minute. I'm sure Kenny would have got extra over going back and forth for 17 minutes with a AEW Dark regular. 

Also read a bunch of people saying that they don't feel more compelled to watch a future Jericho/MJF match after the dinner debonair. That wasn't the fucking point of the segment. It's when MJF and the Inner Circle turn on Jericho (and I hope that won't be for another 6 months) is when I'm supposed to care about a Jericho/MJF feud. 

Angle or no, Fenix has had to forfeit his place in the tourney due to jacking his neck in his match with Penta, and replaced with... Penta. Plus the promo on Insta added more to the idea of a possible split of the Lucha Bros which surely must include a full-on face turn for Rey. That means the next bracket includes Penta vs Kenny and Page vs Wardlow. Versus face Fenix, I'd expect a more competitive match that showed more nasty cocky Omega, but up against the darker Penta, I reckon Kenny cries it off to avoid him, and leaving Page to get battered by Wardlow then stretched by El Zero M. It feels like the Family need to start winning some big ones, because as much as Kingston's mic work is stellar and the big group means plenty of potential angles, they've done a lot of losing so far.

• Paid Members

Not keen on them replacing Fenix with the bloke he's just beat. They should've just had Omega get a straight bye to the finals. Would've added another dynamic to his cocky heel schtick. Plus I love the idea of an Omega vs Hangman final where Omega has had to wrestle one 30-second match to get there whereas Hangman has had to grind through two difficult matches.

1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Not keen on them replacing Fenix with the bloke he's just beat. They should've just had Omega get a straight bye to the finals. Would've added another dynamic to his cocky heel schtick. Plus I love the idea of an Omega vs Hangman final where Omega has had to wrestle one 30-second match to get there whereas Hangman has had to grind through two difficult matches.

Makes you wonder why they haven’t done exactly this, unless Page is winning the tournament and they don’t want Kenny to look like a loser.

Should Page be winning the tournament? I’m not so sure, but having him come up short again could really hurt his momentum. Unless Kenny wins the belt from Moxley in the new year (was it February when they had Revolution?) and you then build to Page going Double or Nothing at Double or Nothing, perhaps by putting his contract up if he doesn’t win the belt. It would mean Kenny only has a short reign, but they could maybe get a rematch/feud ending match at All Out.

• Paid Members

They need to do a long chase with Kenny on top as king shit doing everything he can to avoid Page.

Have Kenny beat Moxley after winning this tournamemt by cheating to beat Page in the final then keep the belt on Kenny for a year.

You want fans dying to see Page finally beat Kenny and win the belt. Page despite all his progress still isn't ready.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Nobody who works there bashes AEW no matter what they do (except MJF but obviously he's meant to). 

I know. For whatever reason I thought they'd be better than that. Several times he was nearly further injured by the melee round about him and nobody even blinked. The fact he's made a statement at all is ridiculous. For me it just emphasizes how badly they know they f***** up. Disappointing is all. 

This Thursday night we'll see Kenny be eliminated from the tournament because of Hangman. The ref will take a bump allowing Kingston and his cronies to come down and beat on Kenny only for Page to make the save because in Hangman's eyes he and Kenny are still mates. As he hits the buckshot lariat on Penta, the ref will recover in time to hit Kenny with the DQ loss.

Later on Page will defeat Wardlow, which in turn will have MJF get rid of Wardlow as his muscle saying the Inner Circle doesn't accept losers. Wardlow will then by default turn face and chase after MJF, who'll keep putting the Inner Circle between himself and his former heavy. 

The final of the tournament will have Kenny seeking revenge on Page and somehow costing him the match turning him full on heel and really kickstarting the feud between himself and Hangman. At the minute it's basically just Omega saying he doesn't want to team with Hangman anymore, this gives them an actual reason to feud. It also allows Penta to win the whole thing (without picking up a single pinfall victory), which continues the feud between Moxley and Kingston's Family for now. 

They need to have Kenny/Penta go on first, with Kenny winning. Then have Kenny at ringside for Hangman/Wardlow. Hangman is subtly distracted by Kenny throughout and the match ends up a time limit draw. Hangman and Wardlow are both out without eating a loss and Kenny gets to celebrate his ‘cheap’ tournament victory like he’s just won the title in the main event of Wrestlemania.

7 hours ago, Jackpot said:

This Thursday night we'll see Kenny be eliminated from the tournament because of Hangman. The ref will take a bump allowing Kingston and his cronies to come down and beat on Kenny only for Page to make the save because in Hangman's eyes he and Kenny are still mates. As he hits the buckshot lariat on Penta, the ref will recover in time to hit Kenny with the DQ loss.

Later on Page will defeat Wardlow, which in turn will have MJF get rid of Wardlow as his muscle saying the Inner Circle doesn't accept losers. Wardlow will then by default turn face and chase after MJF, who'll keep putting the Inner Circle between himself and his former heavy. 

The final of the tournament will have Kenny seeking revenge on Page and somehow costing him the match turning him full on heel and really kickstarting the feud between himself and Hangman. At the minute it's basically just Omega saying he doesn't want to team with Hangman anymore, this gives them an actual reason to feud. It also allows Penta to win the whole thing (without picking up a single pinfall victory), which continues the feud between Moxley and Kingston's Family for now. 

AEW don’t do DQs remember

Edited by WyattSheepMask

11 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

I know. For whatever reason I thought they'd be better than that. Several times he was nearly further injured by the melee round about him and nobody even blinked. The fact he's made a statement at all is ridiculous. For me it just emphasizes how badly they know they f***** up. Disappointing is all. 

It's just a little bit.... North Korea in my opinion.
It's like when Reby Hardy went on Twitter [rightly] bashing AEW for letting Matt continue after getting concussed. AEW had Matt come out at the next available opportunity and go 'No, I'm alright really everyone! Nothing to see here!' and that was it. 
AEW currently is the babyface company but they are rapidly losing a lot of that goodwill with all but their most diehard fans by doing things like that.
It's transparent 'Everything's great because we say it's great' phony propaganda that WWE so often [rightly] gets blasted for and one of these days AEW is going to find itself in a situation they can't just gloss over. 

Edited by Snitsky's back acne