The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

The Kenny Omega entrance was fantastically ridiculous. The dancing sweeping brush girls was maybe a bit much but it fit, especially with how quick the match was, the arrogance was justified. My favourite bit by miles was Justin Roberts listing all of Omega's plaudits like he's Daenerys Targaryen. 

Say what you want about Kevin Dunn’s production but at least he knows how to cut the arena audio before promos & Pre-tapes.

I thought for a second that Kenny’s new intro was a bit self-indulgent, mentioning PWI and The Meltzer Scale, bit I quickly got with it with “has once wrestled in...NORTH CAROLINA!”. The only thing I’d have changed would have been having the women with him. Unless you’ve followed his New Japan run and know The Cleaner character (which I admittedly haven’t seen much of but am aware of it), it’s just a couple of girls with brooms. Anxious Hangman v Supreme Confidence Kenny is going to be great though.

Someone called Jericho a professional singer a few posts back. It’s segments like this where you realise how much tinkering goes into his lip-synced gigs.

Bunny is back with B&B- is that another Brandi angle just dropped never to be mentioned again? 
Were FTR’s belts standing on a Wilkos storage stack? I hope FTR absolutely smash The Young Bucks when it happens. I mean, we all know it won’t be and it’s going to a 40minute self-indulgent wankfest, but we can live in hope.

Alex Reynolds got shoot knocked out (off the Spash/Leg-Drop combo from Private Party) and no-one helped him for the better part of 2 minutes

Much better episode than last weeks Anniversary Show though, I only just got round to watching that the other night and it was pretty poor for what should’ve been a milestone. This though had something for everyone - a David/Goliath match, Jon Silver and his Little Bloke Syndrome, a squash match reset, and Full Gear is starting to take shape nicely

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Bunny is back with B&B- is that another Brandi angle just dropped never to be mentioned again? 

Not watched AEW in a month or so, but if Allie/Bunny is just being used as a valet, then its a criminal waste of talent tbh. Thought she was great on Impact.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

All elite wrestling?

That seems a little on the nose seeing as they have a group called The Elite. I could understand them calling it The Elite Deletion if it was against members of The Elite, just seems a bit of a daft name. 

• Paid Members

To say how up his own arse he is and how big his ego has been, has there ever been a more selfless person in wrestling in terms of getting over the younger up and comers, than Jericho? Not just in AEW as well, he did the same for Fandango at Wrestlemania etc. 

Kinda hope they don't go with Omega vs Page in the final, I know I lve spoken about AEW not pulling the trigger etc but them wrestling in a tournament feels to "soft" I guess and by chance rather than the heated match it should be

Unless when it's officially the final Omega goes proper heel on Page which is possible.

Kenny costing Hangman his next match then winning would properly kick things off.

Omega vs Mox in a Xmas/New Year Dynamite special, Kenny wins leading to title match vs Page at Revolution in Feb.