The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Not a shot at you @Hannibal Scorch, but there’s no fucking way that 6.7m different people watched AEW. Thats 1 in 10 in the country, never in a million years is it even close to that

You're probably right. Especially at those time slots, and the fact ITV Hub uploads it whenever it can remember. I record the Friday showing but i'd normally have found a stream before then and as far as I know, recordings do not cout with Radja or what ever the TV equivelent is. Sounds impressive, but I do think ITV are a shitty partner all in (pun not intended). They promised them a PPV and TV deal and knocked it on the head after the 2nd PPV anyway. I wonder how long the deal was for?

Unique viewers is always a questionable metric. When I used to do three-day tournament broadcasts one of our KPI's was 'unique viewers' but the software we had refreshed that every 24 hours, so someone who watched Friday, Saturday & Sunday was counted as three unique viewers.

I'd like them to try and get the shows closer to the US airing, by the time it's on late Friday night, I've seen majority of results on socials, which I get I could avoid til I watch it.

I could Stream it which still wouldn't help AEW ratings etc.

Is it AEW or ITV that cause the delay? Even thurs night would be better.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I'd like them to try and get the shows closer to the US airing, by the time it's on late Friday night, I've seen majority of results on socials, which I get I could avoid til I watch it.

When it launched, ITV Hub was supposed to show it early and first on a Thursday night at 18:00. The first episode eventually got put on at 22:00 and they promised to rectify after that. They didn't and now I think its on the hub after the friday airing. But to be fair I gave up using ITV Hub about 3 weeks in. I know AEW wanted it live but there was some issues with adverts which meant ITV couldn't do it.

• Paid Members

The whole of the first round of the tournament is pencilled in for this week’s Dynamite. Fuck yeah. I’ll be watching my 5 consecutive minutes!

0CCA9293-6C18-47F2-B330-F600E18B4738.thumb.jpeg.dd11d4ea492b68ef929d1e54515b974e.jpeg

This has to be when Omega starts smashing everyone and becoming a real main eventer, surely? I can’t take them teasing me like this any longer.

7 hours ago, The Cutting Edge said:

It is to do with broadcasting regulations with the length of commercial time on terrestrial TV. With the amount of ads on American television it would be close to doubling the permitted amount.

Non-terrestrial TV can get away with more commercial time hence why Sky and BT can show WWE programming live. Sometimes they have to show either the Raw or Smackers bumper for a couple of minutes to ensure they don't breach the regulations. 

The only logical way they could get round it would to do exclusive UK content to air whilst the US is at commercial however I am guessing that will never happen as ITV are lazy cheap bastards.

• Paid Members

I really don't get the criticism of ITV's coverage tbh. What are people expecting, prime time slot on ITV1 after Corrie?

The fact that AEW gets even an hour on ITV1 on late Monday nights is mind boggling to me, and the Friday night showing on a strong performing channel like ITV4 at 11pm on Friday's isn't that bad.

AEW smashing WWE in the ratings shows the importance of terrestrial/freeview broadcast, yet some AEW fans online talk like they'd be happy enough if AEW was tucked away on Fite TV PPV as long as it was live. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

The fact that AEW gets even an hour on ITV1 on late Monday nights is mind boggling to me

I don't know, a wrestling show where there's a feud over an arcade cabinet is pretty upmarket for ITV.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

This has to be when Omega starts smashing everyone and becoming a real main eventer, surely? I can’t take them teasing me like this any longer.

If by smashing everyone you mean he goes 20 minutes with Janela in a back and forth match, sure!

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

The whole of the first round of the tournament is pencilled in for this week’s Dynamite. Fuck yeah. I’ll be watching my 5 consecutive minutes!

0CCA9293-6C18-47F2-B330-F600E18B4738.thumb.jpeg.dd11d4ea492b68ef929d1e54515b974e.jpeg

Looking at that bracket, it really should be set up for Hangman and Omega to kill their first opponents quick (they won't), have a competitive second match that they still look strong in by the end (Hangman/Wardlow, Omega/Fenix), then have their first meeting in the final, on a PPV, where Hangman either doubts himself and struggles to be ruthless with his former partner or else Omega cheats and fully turns to get the win. 

What really shouldn't be happening (since there's no sensible storyline reason for them to be in the tournament in the first place) is for Cabana or Janela to be competitive. They need to be there simply as facilitators to get blown out of the water.