The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Ended up on a John Silver rabbit hole on YouTube, his Tough enough video from 5 years ago is brilliant. Wasn’t aware he’d done PWG, thought he was just a local New York guy. Good highlights of him and Brian Cage going power move for power move that was that silly it was great 

I wouldn't have Kingston quit. I know screwy questionable finishes aren't great, especially more than once, but I don't believe he'd quit. I believe he'd die for that belt and the win at the moment. He's the most intense, passionate and believable guy they've got. I'm sure the story is Mox finally overcoming him convincingly but damn I can't help but be behind Eddie right now. A true main event in every way though. I can't wait.

I just hope it’s a violent and aggressive finish, and not something from the Shawn Michaels agenting school of hokey emotional moments. Saying that, Kingston quits after a war, omega comes out and demands his match there and then, Kingston costs Mox the match and let’s them pivot off into keeping feud going without the belt and let’s them trade wins 

• Paid Members

Kingston has said he's ready to die, so I can see Moxley showing mercy by quitting rather than killing him. You'd need a pretty fucked up matched to get to that point though.

after giving Miro time to try and get his new gimmick over, he really seems like someone that needs an edit filter. We have seen nothing re what he’s “best” at, skits re stag doo that just stopped, terrible gear, dull matches. There’s slow build, this is just bad

21 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Kingston has said he's ready to die, so I can see Moxley showing mercy by quitting rather than killing him. You'd need a pretty fucked up matched to get to that point though.

Top good guy quitting when not in Perl and giving up his title in the process ? Sorry but if Moxley agrees to that he’s never gonna be a top guy ever again 

Edited by Louch

9 minutes ago, Louch said:

after giving Miro time to try and get his new gimmick over, he really seems like someone that needs an edit filter. We have seen nothing re what he’s “best” at, skits re stag doo that just stopped, terrible gear, dull matches. There’s slow build, this is just bad

Problem with alot of guys these days is they all claim to be 'creative' and were held down by you know who but given free reign the ideas are craps, pointless or don't fit with the rest of the show.

Thing that gets me is they moan about wwe creative when on Jericho podcast like Mox, Brodie, Miro, FTR but then when "free" they do similar or equal things but then claim to be creative genius's 

• Paid Members

Kingston is the heel so he's going to say I Quit but not after being brutalized to the point where it's justified. Kingston is strong enough to bounce back from a loss here. As long as they have something good for him to go straight into afterwards a defeat won't hurt him.

Could Fenix or Penta not throw in the towel for Kingston? Kingston has made it clear that it's Penta who is his best mate, so he could say he didn't want to see his best mate in the pain Moxley is undoubtedly going to put Eddie through. That could then set up a feud between Penta and Eddie. Or Fenix, feeling as if he's being overlooked by Eddie for his brother could do it. A returning to PAC to team up with one Lucha Bro to take on Eddie and the other. Basically a rehash of Jericho/Cody when MJF threw in the towel on Cody.

Eddie doesn't actually quit that way and has a ready made feud for him coming out of the world title. And Mox keeps the title, allowing him to go up against Omega.

Alternatively Mox quitting and putting over the submission move Eddie has him in but also saying I've already sold out, I've made my millions, I don't need to fight out of the most painful submission move I've ever experienced and I certainly don't need to prove anything to you fans. Turning him heel, leaving space for a new top babyface in Page to chase down the title. He can then feud with Cody (who hopefully drops the TNT Title) with Cody's responses to Mox being how he isn't in the business for the money/fame but for the fans and the love of the sport all the while Mox taunting him for his suits, his other ventures like that telly show, his flashy cars, this and that. Yeah Cody, you're in for the money just as much as I am.

We all see so much potential in Miro.

However he does not seem to care himself anymore I guess.

Not even on the PPV. Buzz is gone. Hype is gone.

‘Just pay me, have me wrestle a bit and don’t bother me with all the wrestling noise’ - Mentality

Edited by LWOLeN

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Kingston is the heel so he's going to say I Quit but not after being brutalized to the point where it's justified. Kingston is strong enough to bounce back from a loss here. As long as they have something good for him to go straight into afterwards a defeat won't hurt him.

He's going straight into a fued with Archer if the last two Dark episodes are anything to go by, last night's had a great promo from Lance and Jake calling him and the family out.

2 hours ago, Louch said:

He had no chance, being introduced as the best man to a jobber.

It would be like WWE pairing Matt Riddle with Titus O'Neil.

Thing with Miro is that he was killed so fucking dead by WWE that expecting him to come in to AEW like a house of fire with a massive wave if momentum would have been unrealistic anyway - there was no momentum there. He'll get the momentum back in time because he's quality, but it does take time. The same thing happened with Brodie - came in, felt flat as fuck and like a shitty version of his old self, then he got the momentum back and now he's pretty great. 

A side issue with Miro is that there is nothing being shown so far that people haven't seen from him for years already, so people aren't being blown away out of the blocks.

• Paid Members

I mean, WWE can be blamed for a lot of things, but to blame them for people being underwhelmed by Miro and Brodie Lee is laughable. Miro is underwhelming at the minute, because he is mixing it up with scrubs and also that his in ring work hasn't been too great.

Brodie Lee was underwhelming because he was shoved into the Exalted One position when they bailed on it being Matt Hardy, then he was doing the shitty Vince McMahon schtick. Once he dropped that, he has because a good asset. 

Not everything is WWE's fault. 

46 minutes ago, Edgehead said:

He had no chance, being introduced as the best man to a jobber.

It would be like WWE pairing Matt Riddle with Titus O'Neil.

From Y2J podcast he said it's the right spot and gimmick for him.

Match wise he said he's off the leash and can start doing moves he wasn't aloud to do etc but Miro wrestles the exact same (if not sloppier) than Rusev.

Dont think lack of momentum is the issue as he had hype from fans that AEW would do him right, and a buzz from his release but has been damp napkin since debut