The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

@King Pitcos Double Or Nothing is long enough away for them to say “nothing is set in stone, let’s see how the next month plays out.”

If they have to they could have a short hiatus after the current taping are done with Double Or Nothing as the first show back. I don’t think it would lose them any fans 

6 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

@King Pitcos Double Or Nothing is long enough away for them to say “nothing is set in stone, let’s see how the next month plays out.”

If they have to they could have a short hiatus after the current taping are done with Double Or Nothing as the first show back. I don’t think it would lose them any fans 

How short a hiatus?

That was another solid show with some good character work, and excellent build to the main event...speaking of which, that was a bout that really overstayed its welcome. If Tony Khan genuinely believes that was the greatest empty arena match of all time, I'm absolutely baffled. All it did was prove that WWE's assessment of Jake Hager's 'level' was pretty on the money. 

I hope Jericho's reference to Suge Knight was on purpose, that was funny as fuck.

Enjoyed the main event and thought it was an entertaining show overall, although the best bit was probably the "sent in" videos from everyone dotted throughout the show leading up to it. It's fascinating how they made a difference to how important the match seemed. Felt a bit weird having old JR alone on comms (he definitely repeated himself a couple of times!) in contrast with the pure fun Skiavone and Jericho were clearly having.

Hope they are planning on doing this Bubbly Bunch thing each week, it's a "hoot".

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

Have to echo the sentiments of others, AEW's shows are just better than the WWE ones at the moment. It's fun and different, with lots of character work thrown in and the talent being creative with it. I still don't believe wrestling should be going ahead, but if it is, I'll only watch this at the moment.

• Paid Members

From what I saw, Tony Khan has offered to pay for hotels for anyone who wants to wrestle so they can isolate and told the wrestlers if they want to stay home, it won’t be held against them. 

It’s better then forcing wrestlers to drive/fly into Orlando to then get future endeavoured a few days later

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

From what I saw, Tony Khan has offered to pay for hotels for anyone who wants to wrestle so they can isolate and told the wrestlers if they want to stay home, it won’t be held against them. 

That sounds exactly like pointlessly firing a bunch of loyal employees for no reason.

• Paid Members

Thought the show was generally fine. They're doing a good job of keeping people involved while they're at home - the Bubbly Bunch bit was great. For some reason, the close-up of Jericho ineptly pouring orange juice made me laugh a lot.

Jericho's great on commentary with Schiavone. Sadly, JR on his own was just dogshit rough. The Hager/Mox match was overblown, but I felt like JR's commentary dragged it down rather than lifted it up.

• Paid Members

Jericho could be their answer to Jesse Ventura when he hangs it up. The jump cut of him spilling everywhere to no spillage killed me.

Mox Hager fell massively flat after a great build. All the hugging at the start killed it stone dead.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Chris B said:

For some reason, the close-up of Jericho ineptly pouring orange juice made me laugh a lot.

19 hours ago, Maverick said:

Jericho could be their answer to Jesse Ventura when he hangs it up. The jump cut of him spilling everywhere to no spillage killed me.

That was actually an homage to something, I'll put it as a spoiler in case anyone wants to try to guess 

Ozzy Osbourne spills orange juice during an interview in his house in the 80s heavy metal documentary; The Decline of the Western Civilization pt 2