The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Haven’t watched full show yet, but loved the bubbly bunch. Even Hager doing the earmuffs kids part. Starting to feel with him there is something in him that just needs the right way to release it. 

• Paid Members

Jericho and Schiavone here are great examples of how commentators can elevate a show. Jericho seemed to bring out the best in Tony and they had fun, same as last week. Replace them with Byron Saxton and Todd Phillips or whoever and the whole thing would have been grim. 

AEW are doing right by doing the stupid zoom chats and shit like that, keep things light and kinda take the piss because in grand scheme of things these shows mean fuck all in real life and long term plans.

Hager needs a new haircut to look menacing, still looks to much like jack swagger to be a fresh threat.

8 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

AEW are doing right by doing the stupid zoom chats and shit like that, keep things light and kinda take the piss because in grand scheme of things these shows mean fuck all in real life and long term plans.

Hager needs a new haircut to look menacing, still looks to much like jack swagger to be a fresh threat.

A skinhead might suit him for wrestling, but his current hairstyle definitely works better at Republican rallies and whatnot.

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

A skinhead might suit him for wrestling, but his current hairstyle definitely works better at Republican rallies and whatnot.

I dunno, with Docs and a Black/Yellow Fred Perry he'd fit in those rallies just as much.

• Paid Members

Isn't NXT's viewership generally older than AEW's (going by audience demo reports)? My guess is younger people are more likely to find something else to watch rather than watch these weird no audience shows. Also AEW feels more clearly in a holding pattern than NXT where not much typically happens anyway. I doubt usual AEW viewers are choosing NXT over it anyway, they're probably choosing to not watch wrestling at all Wednesday nights.

Edited by LaGoosh

2 hours ago, Philjax said:

Where's all these fickle AEW fans gone? Another loss to NXT (although some stuff did happen on that show). Hope this is just until they are back in arenas!

I’m here and I don’t care about ratings. Makes no difference to me 

2 hours ago, Philjax said:

Well, there is that, but that's for the networks. It's more that NXT has held relatively steady while Dynamite has lost arguably 200,000 viewers.

Too much threadbare roster I guess.....

The number of viewers didn’t really have a massive swing, neither showlost or gained a massive amount compared to last week which is why I imagine there’s not much talk about them.

We are past that “let’s see where they are in 6 months time” stage though, but I reckon it’s fair to say that AEW Dynamite has been a resounding success so far- 

* AEW have had the higher viewers 22 times compared to NXT’s 5 wins, with 1 draw (December 12th) and 1 week were NXT ran unopposed (the taped episode from Christmas Day).

* AEW has averaged 906,333 viewers (from 27 episodes) compared to NXT averaging 760,642 viewers (from 28 episodes)

* AEW’s highest rated show was their debut (1,409,000 viewers), with NXT’s highest rated show coming on November 20th (916,000 viewers, go home to Takeover: War Games and Survivor Series and also featured appearances by Becky Lynch, Ricochet, The Revival and a mass brawl between all 3 brands)

* AEW’s lowest rating came on November 27th (663,000 on Thanksgiving Eve with Jericho defending the title against Scorpio Sky as well as PAC v Omega and Hangman Page v MJF for the Dynamite Diamond Ring) with NXTs lowest coming on March 18th (542,000 viewers, Episode was studio based and featured archive matches, start of the ‘Empty Arena Era’)