The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

If its going to be in empty arenas anyway what are they gaining from doing live tapings compared to doing blocks as I think they have been doing recently?

Unless is it the same rumour as WWE etc where they have to produce x amount of live shows for the tv contracts to be honoured which like I said before makes no difference if there's no one there anyway

43 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

There's no chance in Hell that the world is going to get safe enough that quickly. Plus they have Trump in charge.

Well depends if injecting disinfectant directly into the blood stream can kill the virus. If it does, the lockdown will be over in no time 

40 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Bet most of you will still watch it though.

No we won’t. Not after we’ve spent weeks ranting about how evil and deadly it is to force your staff to do closed set wrestling shows in these trying times. We’re not total hypocrites and we will not support that kind of activity. Boycott of AEW starts immediately*. You can get fucked if you think we only minded it when it was WWE doing them.

*And ends the next time Dark is uploaded or Dynamite is on TV, whichever comes first. Don’t fucking judge me, there’s a tournament on. I’m at least watching til the end of that.

Edited by King Pitcos

25 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

No we won’t. Not after we’ve spent weeks ranting about how evil and deadly it is to force your staff to do closed set wrestling shows in these trying times.

Who is we? I don’t think it’s people saying that because they prefer AEW. You seem to be thinking of a very specific type of fan that exists only on twitter, rather than anyone around here 

It's definitely worse on Twitter but I wouldn't say it only exists there. There's definitely an anti-Vince dynamic where he's seen as Satan of sorts and AEW are the cool kids on the block who aren't quite so bad so it's okay. Admittedly Vince does bring it all on himself but I've seen plenty of AEW getting free passes because they're the good guys or whatever.

• Paid Members

I mean, there's a whole sleaze-ravine between using money donated for political purposes to get your particular company declared "essential" business and taking advantage of that shittiness, and that's before you even get to bankrupting the XFL, firing "essential" employees, and whatever other shit McMahon has been up to this week.

I have quite enjoyed the block taped shows. They haven’t wasted any stories, given a few non signed guys matches and moments that both helps them on indies when things are more normal, and reduces burn through of matches between signed guys to save for later. Small “crowd” around the ring and jerichos tour de force on colour has given me enough to keep me interested as a fun background watch. I can understand people not watching, but as long as everyone is safe as possible and treated/compensated appropriately I’m happy watching what they produce.   

Edited by Louch

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's definitely worse on Twitter but I wouldn't say it only exists there. There's definitely an anti-Vince dynamic where he's seen as Satan of sorts and AEW are the cool kids on the block who aren't quite so bad so it's okay. Admittedly Vince does bring it all on himself but I've seen plenty of AEW getting free passes because they're the good guys or whatever.

More nonsense. AEW have been over-over-analysed on here since the very beginning. They've had a kicking over every bad decision, match, skit and episode including the Hardy and Harper stuff of late. As far as I can tell, the only person defending them running shows currently is Maxwell and even he only said they're not as bad as WWE because they taped in a block.

Any anti-Vince dynamic is well deserved, because he is a cunt. But as I saw d earlier, it only ever lasts 5 minutes after his latest disgusting decision. 

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

More nonsense. AEW have been over-over-analysed on here since the very beginning. They've had a kicking over every bad decision, match, skit and episode including the Hardy and Harper stuff of late. As far as I can tell, the only person defending them running shows currently is Maxwell and even he only said they're not as bad as WWE because they taped in a block.

Any anti-Vince dynamic is well deserved, because he is a cunt. But as I saw d earlier, it only ever lasts 5 minutes after his latest disgusting decision. 

To be fair, they once said the show would be 'more sports-based' in presentation, which is worse than anything Vince did.

I wonder whether this is a legal thing where the venue and the booker won't back down to avoid refunds, so just wait for each other to blink. Or if this is only returning to the Daly's Place venue. They can't be looking to bring an audience in. I really don't understand the thinking either way - the occasional tapings aren't great, but it's slightly more sensible.