The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

TBH I give JR a pass because his voice is so reassuring and fills me with nostalgia, but fail to see what that bloke in a mask brings to the table either.

Agreed. JR is useless most of the time but a big title match he always steps up and adds a lot, especially if the match has a good story behind it. I don't even listen to him most the time but his voice IS wrestling to me so I find it to be pleasing background noise to my wrestling. 

Yeah, JR has enough goodwill for people to not get too hung up on his overall declining ability, as long as he isn’t out staying his welcome. Advertising that he was going to call Moxely and Hager added to the illusion that this was going to be a special match. 
He should be saved for big matches rather than calling full events which have stuff not to his taste. Keep him as a sit down interviewer and a special attraction. Tazz would be a decent replacement for everything else. 
As for Excalibur, I don’t mind him too much and he is the only one who feels like an AEW announcer because he isn’t associated with another big time promotion. 

On 5/1/2020 at 7:27 PM, UK Kat Von D said:

The only people who it isn’t getting over with are just pissed off that I’m not their Daddy. I’m going to push it for the next few years regardless

Smacky D > Smackers. 

I was sure Smacko's were dog treats, so I googled it and ironically given this quote...

28 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Smacky D sounds like something Kat brags about shoving up his nose on the weekend.

this is one of the images that comes up smacko-1.jpg

Small details from the Archer vs Dustin match I haven’t heard mentioned (much) that may be worth remembering:

Firstly, a couple of good touches was the fact that Archer didn’t back off when Cody and QT Marshall entered the ring-even if they didn’t rush him. He wasn’t to immediately know that when they slid in. Puts him over as unafraid.

Secondly, when Dustin started to come round and saw Archer was still there, he put his arm up and backed off, on the mat, almost as if to say ‘no more, keep him away from me’

Lastly, the bit with Cody preventing QT from throwing in the towel, then hesitating himself, giving Dustin the chance to take it, before Archer pulled him back inside. Couple that with those of a heel persuasion (particularly Jericho on commentary, and Spears and Britt Baker in the crowd) berating him for ‘not saving his brother from harm’ and (adding that to Brandi taking the bullet for Cody in the opening match) they’ve given themselves some avenues to explore:

- A possible selfish, ruthless streak in Cody, putting others in harm’s way in his mission to win gold.

-Possible motivation for a Dustin heel turn or revisiting their issue last year. 

Of course, it would all be contingent on how it’s interpreted by any of the players in this picture.

When I saw that Cody was stopping the towel thrown it it made me think of how he didn’t want the towel thrown in when he lost his chance at the title. His motivation for allowing his brother to take extra punishment made total sense. Well see how Dustin feels about it hopefully 

2 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

When I saw that Cody was stopping the towel thrown it it made me think of how he didn’t want the towel thrown in when he lost his chance at the title. His motivation for allowing his brother to take extra punishment made total sense. Well see how Dustin feels about it hopefully 

Which makes absolute sense from Cody’s perspective, and very honourable. 

Maybe I’m looking too much into it, or I’m not used to more than one possible angle or motivation being presented or interpreted. 

I, too, hope (and rather expect) some of this is explored. I do think we’ve not seen the last of the abuse Cody received from the ‘heel side’. Even if it’s just to give us an extra dimension leading to Double Or Nothing.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, KJHenley said:

Is Jericho one of the EVPs? Because he really should be with the shift he puts in.

No but he sits in on the booking and production meetings so he seems to be more than a typical wrestler but perhaps less than an EVP.