The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

20 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Just imagine the debt Bowler would be in.

The match quality was never an issue, was it? He had WAW guys on his shows that had Ricky Knight as an advisor. Of all the criticism he deserved it was due to him and his behaviour and not match quality. 

Swing and a miss. And a swing at low hanging fruit as well. 

I'm hoping that Harper getting the title shot at the PPV is about resetting him/knocking him down the card before crowds come back. Is there any chance of a non-WWE guy getting a PPV match for the AEW world title this year? 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Is there any chance of a non-WWE guy getting a PPV match for the AEW world title this year? 

Yes, probably. Adam Page, Lance Archer,  Darby Allin or Kenny Omega are all possible candidates. 

Feels like AEW might put on more of a B show level PPV match wise for this, considering it won't be in front of a live crowd. Understandable and not the worst idea. 

8 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah that was a weird one. They'd been doing really well with the distancing and the testing egg and then that. 

Before that they showed the announcers sitting right next to one another, which just seems totally unnecessary. Have them sit apart, and don't show them on camera if you have a problem with that. 

I've said it before, but testing in this situation is almost worthless given the high number of false negatives COVID tests produce. 

Unfortunately this could, and likely will given Trump's murderous response to the pandemic, end in tears. 

Aside from that, I didn't think this show was as strong as others did. Brodie Lee's promo was pretty bad, and I don't really care much for the prospect of a Lee/Moxley match at this point. The Dark Order 'creepers' look very indie-rific and the Lee character just isn't very good. 

I hope they don't reign back on Wardlow's push now that they have a busier roster, he was looking very promising indeed. I'd have been much more interested in a Moxley/Wardlow match at the next PPV than what we seem to be getting. It's early days for the guy, but I don't think it would do him any harm. 

Also, I absolutely detest QT Marshall. He's the most bland and purposeless member of the AEW roster. He's not even a good jobber as he always gets a decent showing in. 

Edited by RedRooster

40 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The match quality was never an issue, was it? He had WAW guys on his shows that had Ricky Knight as an advisor. Of all the criticism he deserved it was due to him and his behaviour and not match quality. 

Swing and a miss. And a swing at low hanging fruit as well. 

Fair enough. 

49 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I'm hoping that Harper getting the title shot at the PPV is about resetting him/knocking him down the card before crowds come back. Is there any chance of a non-WWE guy getting a PPV match for the AEW world title this year? 

They’ve only had one PPV match for the world title in 2020. 
MJF and Moxely will be great, but that match will really need fans behind it. They are in a holding pattern right now, giving Mox strong wins is smart. 

38 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Yes, probably. Adam Page, Lance Archer,  Darby Allin or Kenny Omega are all possible candidates. 

Feels like AEW might put on more of a B show level PPV match wise for this, considering it won't be in front of a live crowd. Understandable and not the worst idea. 

I'm actually okay with this. They really need to build up their 'own' stars before giving them runs with the belt, rather than hotshotting them for the sake of proving they're not all about the ex-WWE guys.

I loved the street fight the moment I saw Sammy Guevara in the knee-padded jeans, t-shirt and taped up wrists. Like it should be. It just got better and better when they took it backstage, in a fresh and fun environment with Sammy and Omega being complete and utter lunatics.

Enjoyed the Nyla Rose squash, the MJF promo and the arena looked lovely. Rest of the show was a bit eh. Opening with twenty minutes of Joey Janela put them on the back foot. JR and Excalibur were exposed after Jericho and Tazz's work, their blase reaction to Jake's snake and Hardy's first wardrobe change undercut the moments for me. Also, and it kills me to say it, Brodie Lee fucking sucks. For a company that's been famed for changing course and cutting bait on things that ain't working, I'm astonished this Dark Order shit wasn't shot dead long ago.

• Paid Members

It feels like fans have been clamouring to see Brodie Lee as a violent nutcase big man for years, definitely disappointed with his character here.

How Janela has a job still baffles me. He looks like shit out there. Offers absolutely nothing.

4 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

It feels like fans have been clamouring to see Brodie Lee as a violent nutcase big man for years, definitely disappointed with his character here.

That's the danger of letting everyone do what they want - Kenny Omega said last year, they're gonna try lots of things and they won't all work. There are always ways they can reset to that kind of character if Harper concedes the current one isn't working out, although by then the next bus will have pulled in and Rowan or Gallows could already be playing that role.

53 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm actually okay with this. They really need to build up their 'own' stars before giving them runs with the belt, rather than hotshotting them for the sake of proving they're not all about the ex-WWE guys.

I'd be fine with it if Brodie Lee's character and gimmick wasn't so awful. He's clearly a talented guy, but this just doesn't work. 

16 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'd be fine with it if Brodie Lee's character and gimmick wasn't so awful. He's clearly a talented guy, but this just doesn't work. 

I have no idea why they persist with the Dark Order. Clearly it's some kind of video game thing but if even your core fan base who lap up any old shit you serve them because 'Yay, AEW!!' are rejecting it you know it's time to pull the plug.
Plus, I don't think all the 'Hur-hur we'll do some stuff to take shots at Vince. Everyone will think that's cool' vignettes have worked either.

Brodie Lee can be a big scary looking bastard with dead-eyes. I don't fault him for trying something new but honestly, kill the Dark Order stuff and let him try something else as the 'Exalted One' thing is clearly not working [and seems like it was only done because the logical choice, Matt Hardy, probably refused to touch it with a ten foot pole. Either that or somebody decided -  'swerve!!!'...] 

• Paid Members

Never thought I'd say in 2020 I expected to see Jake Roberts gyrating on top of Cody's wife while his snake drapes all over her but here we are.

That street fight was great for the most part for me. Sammy Guevara is a fucking star and if there isn't already a bunch of meme's and clips of him running while Matt Hardy tries to mow him down with a golf cart, I have my job for the day. I genuinely cackled at near 3am to that this morning. God I hope him and Jericho win the tag belts before the year is out.