The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Considering the limitations, a pretty decent show this week. They've got me interested in Double or Nothing for sure. The Stadium Stampede is going to be tons of fun and with one short promo Moxley got me excited for his match with Brodie Lee which I didn't care too much about previously. Cody driving his badass truck about 3 metres into some chairs was the low point of the show.

3 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

The only thing I have moaned about is these horrible empty arena shows, AEW's seem to have been slightly better from the bits I have seen, but why they see the need for these to go ahead I have no idea.

I have also never used the term "mark" in my life. It's weird.

Major fail on my part. Mixed you up with someone else.

Apologies.

• Paid Members

Do you think WWE realise what a difference wrestlers in the crowd makes, but refuse to do it now in case they’re seen as copying AEW? Or do they honestly think deathly silence is preferable? The difference is huge.

As much as I enjoy it AEW really shouldn't be doing it imo. So I can't really bash WWE for not doing it themselves.

Jake is just so perfect for the bitter legend role and his fucked up voice just enhances the bitterness. One for the petty thread but Cody looked a right tit wearing his best but also having his fists taped up.

44 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

The wrestling industry would fuck the Attitude Era if it could. 

Is Mike Tyson only known for his attitude era run? I thought he had done loads of stuff

8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Do you think WWE realise what a difference wrestlers in the crowd makes, but refuse to do it now in case they’re seen as copying AEW? Or do they honestly think deathly silence is preferable? The difference is huge.

Well they already changed the layout of their arena and switched the hard cam to face the entrance way which AEW did first. That was quite a subtle change but if they started putting wrestlers in the crowd then that would look like they are copying them.

Double Or Nothing is shaping up to be a great show with really limited time. Looking forward to MJF abusing Marko Stunt next week as well

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

Of course it’s dangerous and stupid, especially with guys like Jake the Snake and Jim Ross in the vicinity. But WWE had a thousand guys catching Gronk during Wrestlemania and everyone seems to be doing Tik Tok dance videos backstage at these empty arena shows, without any sense of social distancing, so they might as well put some people in the crowd to liven the them up.

Edited by Supremo

Let's be honest though WWE would still find a way to make it shit.

Anyway I'd have Hardy take Page's place in a title match at the PPV. Would really add to Page's insecurities imo adding some more spice to his character.

Found your kendo stick, bitch.

Lovely stuff.

Find it hard to believe WWE aren’t doing it for safety reasons, far more likely Vince is just being stubborn. I’m glad they aren’t though, it would just be a load of NXT trainees all being instructed to pull the most exaggerated hammy expressions, trying to replicate this at the sight of a successful roll up 
e19d01a5202d83af9205d9349f599e90_crop_no

Edited by UK Kat Von D

I hope "Pineapple Pete" drops that gimmick quickly. "Chris Jericho called me Pineapple Pete so I'm embracing it now!" is a very Shorty G way of creating a new character. 

Double or Nothing feels very underwhelming for me right now, like it could have existed as a WWE Network "Worlds Collide" style special in another universe. They obviously have their hands tied by the COVID-19 crisis, but it's a very underwhelming card for me that features too many wrestlers that were defined down by WWE in high profile matches. 

Edited by RedRooster

1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

I hope "Pineapple Pete" drops that gimmick quickly. "Chris Jericho called me Pineapple Pete so I'm embracing it now!" is very Shorty G in its execution. 

I actually think that is a decent real-life counter to bullying that I've seen. It takes the wind out of the bully's sails while giving the victim strength and agency, especially in a wrestling setting with Jericho as the gobby cowardly asshole.

I'd be interested to see if Kenny Omega can do anything with "pumpkin-headed dipshit", though!

Well I once posted that Broken Matt wouldn't work. I'm eating my words.

Jericho is a legend.

I wasn't completely sold last week but Double or Nothing is looking rock solid now imo. Obviously won't be the greatest PPV ever but enough of interest for me to part with my money.

Edited by The King Of Swing