The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I mean AEW does have form in the 'Why on Earth are they paying **INSERT NAME HERE** THAT much!?!' department in fairness....

You got a source for their payroll? I've never seen any numbers, not even for Jericho, so would be interested. 

The librarian is on 1 million a year, they said that on BTE so it must be true....why people spend their time faking stuff like that is bizarre. 

• Paid Members

In some worrying news for AEW...

UFC FIGHTER STAYING IN SAME HOTEL WITH AEW WRESTLERS TESTS POSITIVE

- One UFC fighter and two of his cornermen tested positive for COVID-19 while all of UFC's personnel were staying in the same hotel as AEW crew and staff in Jacksonville. Middleweight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza was notified yesterday that the pre-fight testing flagged him for the coronavirus just 24 hours before he was supposed to fight on UFC 249 tonight. Souza has been taken off the card and later two of his cornermen also tested positive for the virus. All three were asymptomatic and were staying at the same hotel which All Elite Wrestling booked for their stars and crew while they were in town for the live episode of Dynamite. Souza and his team has now moved out of the hotel to self-isolate. Despite the positive test, the Florida Athletic Commission has given the green light for UFC 249 to continue as planned tonight.

(From the Wrestling-Online Newsletter)

Edited by Kamran

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Kamran said:

In some worrying news for AEW...

(From the Wrestling-Online Newsletter)

This is the reason why other sports will struggle to start playing again anytime soon. Too many people and variables involved 

When I saw they were all staying in the same hotel I assumed there would be a reason for it. Stuff like the layout of the hotel making it easy to contain or a dedicated special cleaning team or something. I guess now we will see how adequate their precautions are, if it has been caught and not passed on then it will have to be chalked up as a win. If several others have it then it’s a sign that this needs to stop 

4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

This is the reason why other sports will struggle to start playing again anytime soon. Too many people and variables involved 

Already has. Bundesliga 2 team Dynamo Dresden have had to quarantine their whole squad and reports that two Real Betis players have tested positive as well.

Absolute shit show.