The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

5 hours ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Weren't AEW testing everybody ahead of the show the same way UFC have been for their upcoming show this weekend? sure I read AEW/UFC were staying in the same hotel this week as well although not sure if that was everyone on the AEW side

If this is true it's got to be up there with the stupidest ideas I've ever read in my life. Tourism is dead but let's shove two different groups of people from all over the US in the same hotel for no apparent reason.

We get what we deserve supporting these two forms of entertainment. 

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If this is true it's got to be up there with the stupidest ideas I've ever read in my life. Tourism is dead but let's shove two different groups of people from all over the US in the same hotel for no apparent reason.

We get what we deserve supporting these two forms of entertainment. 

It is in fact true I had a look about and found a Ariel Helwani tweet which I'd seen, here's an article on it

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/5/6/21249660/ufc-aew-competitors-personnel-staying-same-jacksonville-hotel-mma-wrestling-news

8 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

When introducing the Cody vs Janela match, why did JR say Cody is the #1 contender to the AEW title? Was he just confused about the tournament final?

Think he just messed up that he’s ranked #1 in the rankings the now 

• Paid Members

Between Jake stepping on the poor snake's tail when he picked it up, and letting off fireworks around Pharaoh, AEW have a poor track record with live animals. Maybe they should stop doing that.

• Paid Members

On the one hand the kid in me loves jake doing the snake thing but the current me can't believe anyone would let him near a snake. Still with the exception of him standing on on the tail it was a great segment.

The main event was magic. If anything my real criticism was they seriously failed to proper hype up that match, which is weird because the the passable empty arena match was brilliantly hyped. No doubt everyone will see this match but going head to head with nxt I'm sure they could have pulled over some live viewers with proper hype. Still though that was so much fun.

• Paid Members

That main event was hilarious - just enormous fun from start to finish. Omega's moonsault off the top of the platform was just fantastic. Him leaning out of the kart was hilarious too. That bump Sammy took - Jesus. This kid is such a star.

Shame it's so long until we get real crowds. The pop whenever Hangman returns could be amazing.

• Paid Members

Being fined for the deathmatch is great for them. It means the next time they go to do one, they can talk about how the previous one was so wild they got a $10k fine for it. Gives them more credibility than the match itself did.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

This is against the orthoxdoy on here but I love grumpy surly JR

I find it funny more than anything. Him going on about 'the old Omega is here in AEW, and hes doin damn well!' like a kid having a tantrum got a giggle out of me this week.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

On top of everything that's already been said about the street fight, Sammy ramming Kenny into the ATM and then pulling out a wad of cash was just brilliant.

Yes! That was such a videogame moment.