Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
12 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I worry it took AEW months to rein everyone in, edit out all the shit ideas and slot everyone in productive roles, only to bring in a bunch of new guys and end up back at square one. I like Matt Hardy. I love Brodie Lee. Their ideas need a lot of work though and I feel the problems are less likely than ever to get addressed when they don’t even have a crowd to listen to.

They're not reacting to the crowd, they're reacting to the tweets and the Alvarez's.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Have they announced how the TNT title will work? Is it just a standard midcard title, or are they going dow the traditional, defended on every T.V. show 15 minute time limit route?

 

Posted

Harper playing a vince character is so TNA that I can’t believe they’d be so petty as to do it. I know it will pop the fat blobs that spend five grand going to wrestlemania and lie about watching wwe every week but it’s still shit. 

Posted

I always thought Lee should be a badass, wild brawler who comes through the crowd to kick arse. Proper will man style with that hair, bug eyed look etc. Instead he looks like shit w that gear and his gimmick is very TNA. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

Have they announced how the TNT title will work? Is it just a standard midcard title, or are they going dow the traditional, defended on every T.V. show 15 minute time limit route?

 

I don’t think they’ve got enough of a roster to have it defended every week. Maybe whoever has the most wins in a month gets a shot at the belt on the last Dynamite every month, at least that way you’ve got something for the undercard guys to be aiming for.

I get that they’re working with a limited roster at the moment, and have time to fill, but Kenny Omega going nearly 25 minutes last week against Sammy Guevara and only just managing to beat Trent fucking Baretta within the time limit this week, it’s not making Kenny look like the massive star he supposedly was in Japan. I’m sure under ordinary circumstances he’d be smashing that pair of them.

Where was the show this week? When they went beyond the guardrail is looked like the ground of some training pitch. Are they still in Jacksonville?

Posted
13 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I don’t think they’ve got enough of a roster to have it defended every week. Maybe whoever has the most wins in a month gets a shot at the belt on the last Dynamite every month, at least that way you’ve got something for the undercard guys to be aiming for.

I get that they’re working with a limited roster at the moment, and have time to fill, but Kenny Omega going nearly 25 minutes last week against Sammy Guevara and only just managing to beat Trent fucking Baretta within the time limit this week, it’s not making Kenny look like the massive star he supposedly was in Japan. I’m sure under ordinary circumstances he’d be smashing that pair of them.

Where was the show this week? When they went beyond the guardrail is looked like the ground of some training pitch. Are they still in Jacksonville?

I reckon they tarped off a section of the training ground we've seen on BTE before. So yeah, their Super Secret Mystery Location appears to be about a hundred metres from where they already were!

  • Paid Members
Posted

I thought the Moxley/Hager video package was great stuff actually. Made me excited to see a match I previously wasn't arsed about.

@WyattSheepMask I can't see Kenny Omega smashing anyone. His whole schtick is going 20 minutes with tons of nearfalls. Even in the early days of AEW he was going 20 minutes with people like Cima. He could probably do with a few squash matches to get him over as a big deal to the more general audience, but I'm not holding my breath.

 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I thought the Moxley/Hager video package was great stuff actually. Made me excited to see a match I previously wasn't arsed about.

@WyattSheepMask I can't see Kenny Omega smashing anyone. His whole schtick is going 20 minutes with tons of nearfalls. Even in the early days of AEW he was going 20 minutes with people like Cima. He could probably do with a few squash matches to get him over as a big deal to the more general audience, but I'm not holding my breath.

 

Maybe “smashing them” wasn’t the right phrase to use, but he’s supposed to be The Best Bout Machine, Mr 6 Stars or whatever else you want to call him. That’s putting him on a certain level, and that level should be above having to take nearly half an hour to beat one of Chris Jericho’s cronies.

Like I say, I understand that they’re working with a limited roster, but surely this is the time to be doing profile pieces rather than longer matches to paint over the cracks. That tag main event, which I lost interest in about half way though, that must’ve gone at least 25 minutes as well

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members
Posted

Stars don't work squash matches in this era. When did you last see one aside from the odd quick finish between two actual stars.

This whole thing has come at a terrible time for Omega. It was really clicking with him and Page. Now he's stuck in limbo. On the bright side, he's getting win after win after win to build a good record and while i can't really comment on this week's match, last week's made him and Sammy look great - or as great as is possible in that environment.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...