The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

PAC still lives in England, so he’s likely to be off the show’s for a while. I’d have thought he’d have applied for US residence by now, but apparently that’s not the case. 

I’m guessing that Kip Sabian and Colt Cabana will meet somewhere in the tournament, but neither should be winning it. 

While I doubt it would ever happen, I wouldn’t be against The Butcher winning it to be honest. Massive guy whose lacks finesse and your smaller floppy guts can bump around for him.

I can see the winner being a heel though.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

40 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Have they been flying him in weekly from the UK? That's mental if so. Must cost a fortune.

I think PAC has just been smart with his money that he made while in WWE. There’s a YouTube video somewhere of him driving some really expensive sportscar, which he said that he owns. It wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility that he owns or at least is able to rent a place in the US, most likely in Florida, and comes over for however long his Visa lasts. It was Visa issues that prevented the match with Hangman at DoN if I recall 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

3 minutes ago, Chris B said:

That's all the results from last night's Dark that I was going to watch then? Right, cheers for that.

Fuck's sake.

Those arn’t spoilers as there weren’t any first round matches on Dark. The first half of the bracket, the matches that @The King of Old School posted, were announced in the first minute of the show

• Paid Members

Sammy Guevara is winning the tournament surely?

He's been a highlight of AEW since it's started and he'd be great with a title. Beating Cody in the semi final would be a great set up for their feud as well, which seems to be inevitable at this point. Actually, there's logical reasons for almost all the babyfaces to want to knock him out.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, wordsfromlee said:

I thought Cody couldn't go for the title anymore? Does this tournament not count then?

They announced a new title on 'The Road to....' - the TNT Championship. Basically the new TV title.