The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

36 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I'm sure SBA has me on ignore but I'm highlighting the parts here that are laughably wrong.

Like it or not, Progress and the Havoc/Ospreay saga are a massive reason why the UK scene exploded like it did.

I don't have you on ignore, champ.

If I did I wouldn't have the pleasure of seeing you desperately trying to point score at my expense and be able to tell you to go fuck yourself.

Hey, Accident Prone - go fuck yourself. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I'm sure SBA has me on ignore but I'm highlighting the parts here that are laughably wrong.

Like it or not, Progress and the Havoc/Ospreay saga are a massive reason why the UK scene exploded like it did.

Absolutely. I'm not a PROGRESS guy - I've never been to one of their shows, have been pretty critical of them over the years, and generally recognise that they're not really my thing, so this isn't me as one of their "Ultras" giving them way more credit than they're due - but you can't deny the impact they had on the UK scene.

If nothing else, pre-PROGRESS, London didn't have a wrestling scene to speak of. The previous British wrestling "boom" barely broke into London, in the late '00s you could literally count the number of documented shows in London by British companies on your fingers. PROGRESS were the first promotion to regularly run central London, and laid the groundwork for a scene where, most months, you're pretty spoiled for choice. PROGRESS aren't the be all and end all, but you don't have the latest British wrestling boom without the emergence of London as a viable scene, and you don't get the emergence of the London scene without PROGRESS. The Havoc/Ospreay angle was a huge part of their success, and bought them a lot of goodwill as "good storytellers" long after their booking stopped warranting it, and it was largely the brainchild of Jimmy Havoc and Jim Smallman.

Edited by BomberPat

48 minutes ago, Worthits said:

Its obvious. You thought AEW would be big with inaccessible TV to potential new wrestling fans?

I’m not sure there were any “potential new wrestling fans” crying about the timeslot being inaccessible before. 😆 But how exactly does being on ITV player earlier suddenly position AEW as challengers to WWE?