AEW All Out

Supremo

On 8/25/2019 at 1:21 PM, Supremo said:

Moxley being out of the match is disappointing, but bringing in PAC is a great replacement. I suspect they’ll have a killer match. Wasn’t this supposed to be the Title match on this show originally? 

I wonder if they’ll do Moxley vs. Omega I’m the first TNT show, now? Seems the perfect fit to compete against NXT.

Why blow that match on free TV? That's something WCW would have done circa 98'. I don't want any hot shotting of big matches for the sake of a ratings pop. Save it for a PPV surely? 

I'd have Moxley vs Omega in tags in the build for sure but wasting it on TV makes no sense to me. Its why nobody gives a shit about big matches in WWE anymore when they can see it a week later on RAW/SD. Just a view. 

22 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I dont like how Marko Stunt has jumped onto the boy and his dinosaur gimmick, that only needs Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus. Thats a money gimmick that only needs the two of them.

Marko bloody Stunt.... Grr. He looks about 12 and can't work. Why he is in this company I'll never know. I love the gimmick without that little boy in there. 

37 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Why blow that match on free TV? That's something WCW would have done circa 98'. I don't want any hot shotting of big matches for the sake of a ratings pop. Save it for a PPV surely? 

I'd have Moxley vs Omega in tags in the build for sure but wasting it on TV makes no sense to me. Its why nobody gives a shit about big matches in WWE anymore when they can see it a week later on RAW/SD. Just a view. 

In WWE, TV is way more important than PPV now, to the point where the old "build to the PPV" thing doesn't really apply anymore, and we're only just now seeing them try to adjust to this new world.

In AEW, they're still using the 90s-00s business model, so PPV is important for them - but in these early days, I'm not sure it's more important than getting eyes on their new TV show.

On 8/25/2019 at 1:51 PM, Supremo said:

Bloody hell though. It really hammers home how campy and fake Kenny’s delivery can be, especially when contrasted with Moxley. That’s something he’s really going to need to work on when the TV show starts.

The promo following this all up on Being The Elite was great. He rips Moxley a new one and shows a newfound intensity, I feel. Perhaps one of the best heel promos he's ever cut.

Shame he's pretty much supposed to be the company's top babyface, as near as I can tell.

• Paid Members

Wow. That’s probably the best promo I’ve ever seen Kenny cut. Way better than the teaser. Agreed that it doesn’t really feel befitting of a top babyface, but still. Great stuff.

All these to-the-camera promos and sit-down interview with JR fill me with such hope for the TV show. I didn’t realise how much I missed that style of stuff until AEW started doing it. They’re a million times more effective than the shit we usually get.

Edited by Supremo

7 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

The promo following this all up on Being The Elite was great. He rips Moxley a new one and shows a newfound intensity, I feel. Perhaps one of the best heel promos he's ever cut.

Shame he's pretty much supposed to be the company's top babyface, as near as I can tell.

Great promo, best I've ever seen Omega do. But I don't see it as a heel promo.

• Paid Members

I don't see it as a heel promo myself but I do think it leans me toward that eventually he could be great heel. There's a natural unlikeability to him and his cocky cadence.

• Paid Members
On 8/26/2019 at 11:22 PM, Michael_3165 said:

Marko bloody Stunt.... Grr. He looks about 12 and can't work. Why he is in this company I'll never know. I love the gimmick without that little boy in there. 

"Can't work" is a bit much, he had a belter of a match with Joey Janela at Spring Break.

Moxley not being there is a blessing in disguise. That's a match/feud that they shouldn't be hot-shotting, and this allows them to drag it out a little better, and see it play out on TV.

I don’t think they need to stop indie bookings at all. Injuries can happen anywhere, WWE don’t pull people from house shows or TV matches leading up to Wrestlemania. Just a bit of common sense not to work high injury risk matches in the run up to big AEW matches is enough. The Moxely thing is fucking stupid for them to allow him to compete in such an intense event before they have an important match. That should never have been signed off on.

WWE don't pull people from house shows or TV, but they do pull them from indie shows where they can't control how the wrestler is booked, how experienced (or otherwise) their opponent is, or where there aren't medical crew in attendance. 

Moxley working NJPW and AEW is an interesting one, because he's contracted to both, and who's to say which is more important? Do AEW really have the clout to tell NJPW (or Moxley) that he can't be booked in G1? Would NJPW not be equally valid in telling Moxley they didn't want him working AEW? It's not like he's slumming it in front of 20 people in either case, so which takes precedent? 

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members

With Moxley being out, they have a hell of an opportunity to open the first AEW TV show with Moxley storming the ring and demanding to face Omega one-on-one "RIGHT NOW!!!" before security holds them both back and they're kept apart until their eventual singles match. It'll hook everybody from the the get-go.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

WWE don't pull people from house shows or TV, but they do pull them from indie shows where they can't control how the wrestler is booked, how experienced (or otherwise) their opponent is, or where there aren't medical crew in attendance. 

Moxley working NJPW and AEW is an interesting one, because he's contracted to both, and who's to say which is more important? Do AEW really have the clout to tell NJPW (or Moxley) that he can't be booked in G1? Would NJPW not be equally valid in telling Moxley they didn't want him working AEW? It's not like he's slumming it in front of 20 people in either case, so which takes precedent? 

The wrestlers should be able to control it themselves. If they start missing out on big paydays common sense should tell them to take it easy before a big match. If Moxely is in charge of what bookings he takes, it’s his responsibility to prioritise work. 

3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

With Moxley being out, they have a hell of an opportunity to open the first AEW TV show with Moxley storming the ring and demanding to face Omega one-on-one "RIGHT NOW!!!" before security holds them both back and they're kept apart until their eventual singles match. It'll hook everybody from the the get-go.

That's as exciting an open as any I can envision for the TV show. I've been racking my brain for weeks on what the best thing is to open the show. I like that a lot 

5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

They need a big surprise name that no one knows is signed. Always one of my favourite things about the Monday Night Wars. Never knowing who would turn up where.

Are there any big name surprises who can actually deliver in the ring