AEW All Out

Supremo

3 hours ago, mim731 said:

Did they use enough of it to need the clearance? How many seconds can you use of a song without paying the PRS? I know there is a set amount you can use without paying, but I don't know the specifics.Ā 

As far as I know, you're not allowed to use ANY of someone else's music without their permission - why would you? Ā It's something they created and own. Ā I think with playing music live it's somewhat different (so you need a PRS license to broadcast in a public place) but when putting someone else's work into your work it's illegal.

Edit: Dunno if @herbie747Ā still knocks about here, but they must have had this issue when doing promo videos for TheWrestlingChannel.

Edited by Loki

Punk definitely seems like he's a lot more gettable for AEW now. Imagine him opening AEW's first show (though I did like the Mox/Omega idea from earlier)

He seems a lot more relaxed and refreshed. Given he'll get a fat cheque for a limited schedule, creative freedom and be over as shit, I think it is bound to happen at some point, even if its a one shot feud.

Hell, put him on commentary if he doesn't want to wrestle.

16 hours ago, Supremo said:

What a fucking tease seeing him in a ring again.

Just give him however much he wants. I need that pop when his music hits for his return match.Ā 

I still think it would be far more beneficial to AEW if MJF comes out to Cult Of Personality before CM Punk does.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Loki said:

As far as I know, you're not allowed to use ANY of someone else's music without their permission - why would you? Ā It's something they created and own. Ā I think with playing music live it's somewhat different (so you need a PRS license to broadcast in a public place) but when putting someone else's work into your work it's illegal.

Edit: Dunno if @herbie747Ā still knocks about here, but they must have had this issue when doing promo videos for TheWrestlingChannel.

That makes a lot of sense, cheers for clarifying.Ā 

• Paid Members

Fair use is a defence used in case you are named in a copywrite claim. It's not legal use someone else's copyrighted material no matter how small however. Keeping it short about 10 seconds would allow you to make that defence.

• Paid Members

I've just noticed you can order All Out on the PS4 in the PSN Store, Ā£14.95. Anyone know about replays from the PSN Store? I usually order through FiteTV but I prefer my PS4.

14 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

If you can get him, do you use him at the PPV or save him for the weekly show? I guess logically have him as a surprise at the end of the PPV and then advertise his first appearance for TV? Best of both worlds.

Even if he didn't want to get involved full time he's a useful guy to have around. Let him dip his toes back in and learn to love it again. I still live in hope.

Have him as a non advertised surprise on a PPV you've already sold to most who would buy it then advertise him for the first TV show to hopefully spike ratings for that first episode and ride the media and social media buzz of his PPV appearance. Best of both worlds.

26 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Depends on their label. I had a google andĀ it appears they mightĀ be on the same oneĀ as Metallica...

The labelsĀ usually own the recordings, not the publishing rights though. It's normally a seperate company. Vivid was released on Epic (owned by Sony) and Metallica are on their own vanity label, Blackened, these days but they used to mainly release through Elektra (owned by Warner Bros).

Kobalt Music own the publishing for Cult of Personality so it's up to them. They're one of the biggest publishing groups around and most of the biggest acts on their roster.

Ā 

35 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Jericho is probably a safe first choice but I think a feud with MJF would be gold on the mic at least.

That could be career defining for MJF asĀ the program that put him on the map. No need to rush into it but could be the best running start to the weekly show possibleĀ Ā