Utterly shit adverts

gmoney

• Paid Members

Our local shop is a Nisa, and has one of those proprietary radio stations, which are becoming ubiquitous across shopping chains, where they play an oddly eclectic selection of music interspersed with sub local radio quality adverts for the stuff they sell in there. At the moment there's this dreadful one for Pombears on it which is a poem about going back to school which ends with lines to the effect of:

"made out of potatoes and shaped like Teddy bears, 

There's no better way for mum to show how much she cares." 

Six bags for a quid, ready salted or cheese & onion flavour. Dreadful. 

One that's already been mentioned in this thread is that one that rewords Right Said Fred to be about releasing equity on your house.  However, I'm always drawn to a bloke at the back of the dance number who gets the steps all wrong, he stands on the left and fucks it up a treat.  Either they were too smug with how great they thought the were to notice, or it's a tribute to Beat It my Michael Jackson.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
4 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

the deliveroo advert with the annoying northern woman  

Is that the one I'm thinking of, where everyone's ordered from a different place and she dives into the bag at the end? If so, as annoying as she is, the thing that irrationally annoys me the most is the way everyone comes for the food in exactly the order it's in the bag. That specifically winds me up and I don't know why, other than that it's ignoring how reality works.

• Paid Members

Profoundly annoyed by "did somebody say Just Eat?". Partly because it's a blatant attempt to try and get their brand name over as a verb, when no one will ever use it that way, but mostly because - as far as I can remember - nobody in the advert actually said "Just Eat" prior to that fucking song.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Is that the one I'm thinking of, where everyone's ordered from a different place and she dives into the bag at the end? If so, as annoying as she is, the thing that irrationally annoys me the most is the way everyone comes for the food in exactly the order it's in the bag. That specifically winds me up and I don't know why, other than that it's ignoring how reality works.

That’s the one. I’ve got to the point watching the football and darts the past couple of weeks when I know its going to be on so I can now mute it on demand. It’s wedged in between all the betting ads and everything else targeted at the lads. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I saw this on twitter, so I shared the tweet there. But I missed this advert when it was first released but this is something special
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YS2dSa-Ud0

We're Robert Dyas and We're Gay

That's got to be a piss take...