Utterly shit adverts

gmoney

That and chumming it up with a guy who got death threats sent to the grieving parents of six-year-old school shooting victims by insisting they were paid actors and it never happened. But mostly the advert.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

This ad used to haunt me as a wee child, and it'll intermittently pop up in my head every time I touch off a jacks bowl because me ma used to say "Don't touch public toilets or anything. You could catch them AIDS"

This Ad, Annie Lennox, Ultravox and Geoff Capes are what stick out in my head when I think of the 80s. I used to rely on Oink and Buster magazine for levity.

It's so Catholic Irish, it's incredible

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Arn Anderson's Darb said:

Professors telling me how brilliant, yet unless to me, Microsoft Teams is,

It's useful for me but I'm still with you 100%

"We're running our Covid 19 response......

...on teams"

Bunch of twats.

17 hours ago, Arn Anderson's Darb said:

Professors telling me how brilliant, yet unless to me, Microsoft Teams is, and those fucking relentless Nationwide tales of nothing are currently ruining my enjoyment of Come Dine With Me repeats in the morning.

Those Nationwide ads are genuinely my least favourite thing about being off work, I can't decide if I despise the couple going on about how they'll be married in six months (no one would've turned up to your fucking wedding anyway, wankers) or the cockney woman who may be the oddest looking person I've ever seen talking about asking if your mum is OK, as though it's some impossible task and we can't just ring up and ask

19 hours ago, Arn Anderson's Darb said:

Professors telling me how brilliant, yet unless to me, Microsoft Teams is, and those fucking relentless Nationwide tales of nothing are currently ruining my enjoyment of Come Dine With Me repeats in the morning.

I work in IT Support. Microsoft Teams has a lot to answer for!

• Awards Moderator
2 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

The best thing about Teams is that it’s no good if you’re in a team of more than 4 people and want to see them all at the same time.

It’s fine for a Rod, Jane and Freddy-type outfit, but anyone in a team larger than The Jackson Four and it’s a bit rubbish.

Microsoft have rolled out an update for 3x3 that should have reached everyone by yesterday. 

Still pales to Zoom's 7x7.

• Paid Members
On 5/15/2020 at 5:46 PM, Scott Malbranque said:

This ad used to haunt me as a wee child, and it'll intermittently pop up in my head every time I touch off a jacks bowl because me ma used to say "Don't touch public toilets or anything. You could catch them AIDS"

This Ad, Annie Lennox, Ultravox and Geoff Capes are what stick out in my head when I think of the 80s. I used to rely on Oink and Buster magazine for levity.

It's so Catholic Irish, it's incredible

Coincidentally, a UK 80s advert for condoms turned up on my twitter feed today (thanks to the 'What's On The Tapes' channel, where the guy buys job-lots of old VHS and uploads stuff from it). Rather different approach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

"I'm an international DJ!"

Fuck entirely off.

Not helped by the fact that the only live TV is Sky One between 5 and 7 via Now TV, and it seems to be the same four or five adverts on a loop forever. And continuity announcers trying to do "witty banter" deserve an entire fucking thread to themselves.