Utterly shit adverts

gmoney

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, CavemanLynn said:

The Cineworld card is a decent deal. I think you can combine it with Meerkat movies too, and it gets you discounts at some restaurants so it gets well used for date nights.

But yeah, that dude is an insufferable prick. At least he's just a knobhead though, unlike the previous guy they had - I can't find a link, but it was the fuzzy faced, dead eyed blond twat with Thunderbird lips who couldn't say "Welcome to a world of infinite possibilities" without sounding like he was looking into a busy children's playground.

Did you say you wanted a tasty debrief?

• Awards Moderator
32 minutes ago, Dazzer said:

If didn't have two kids who are too inconsiderate to be old enough to watch films I want to watch I'd get one too. I think it's great value two visits would normally get your money's worth.

Totally my deal - as soon as my daughter is old enough to be left on her own for a couple of hours my wife and I are getting the cards. Would go at least once a week if I could, if not more. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

Last day of the PPI claims today. End of an era for some of the worst ads ever written. 

Question is, what's going to replace them? 

That Schwarzenegger cgi/puppet thing was the stuff of nightmares. The piss poor impression didn't help. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Did that thing have tv adverts? I saw the posters and I thought it was the most bizarre ad campaign imaginable and really couldn't understand how it related to PPI.

and how they made it

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't watch any tv at all. Everything is on streaming services so I see very few adverts, if they're not YouTube adverts.

Same here, but I make an exception for Quincy.

Actually, a lot of films I record on TiVo are off Talking Pictures TV and Film4 during the day, so I usually see a lot of those adverts and the sad animal ones if I forget to fast-forward them.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

About a decade ago I was lead developer on an online system that underpinned a big nationwide thing that was sponsored by a big energy company.

I remember being in the meeting with the ad agency they’d hired and they did the whole “Emporer’s new clothes” shtick when they presented their idea for the TV as campaign. The energy company lapped it up and as I sat there as the software guy thinking, I was the absolute drizziling shits and couldn’t believe nobody else was seeing it. They’re main sell was three main characters that they claimed were going to be bigger than the 118 blokes (who were still a thing back then).

It somehow got made and the ads and indents each side of the sponsored programming started. It lasted less than 2 weeks before the amount of complaints they got forced their hand to take them down.

My feeling towards these sort of thing is that the ad agencies are most successful when they can confidently sell even the shittest of ideas, in the “we’re the maverick geniuses here and you’ll do what we suggest, pay our stupid prices and believe it’s brilliant as you’re clearly out of touch” type way.

Come on, you need to spill the beans on it surely