Utterly shit adverts

gmoney

• Paid Members

Couldn't find the old one, time for a new era. 

This Sainsburys one where they claim to be have been feeding soldiers and providing Christmas for families as if they are some altruistic institution rather than a capitalist megacorp takes some fucking beating for worst advert I've seen in a long time. The woman doing the VO is doing that insufferable thing of plastering on a fake smile you can hear. Unbearable. 

• Paid Members

Along similar lines as far as corporate gladhanding goes, the Uber advert in which it tries to use "the kids can tell what time I'm getting home by following the car on the app" to present Uber as a caring, compassionate organisation makes my fucking blood boil.

• Paid Members

My favourite part of that Strongbow ad is this shot of two blokes, desperately trying to hold down what has to be stale, lukewarm gash piss water after a billion takes.

Capture.thumb.PNG.fe901141e60e06964c3306412d19e8fc.PNG

Although I wouldn't take a gander at those YouTube comments if I were you. They're full of folk who love this tripe and want to see this cover released as a single, complete with a campaign for the no.1 spot.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Along similar lines as far as corporate gladhanding goes, the Uber advert in which it tries to use "the kids can tell what time I'm getting home by following the car on the app" to present Uber as a caring, compassionate organisation makes my fucking blood boil.

It's the most blatant bit of damage control I've ever seen, not to mention its attempts to address the criticisms made of the company are bordering on lies.

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It's completely accurate though. Based on real customer feedback, the sense of security afforded is one of the advantages of their service and something that a lot of women who go out alone have to think about every time they get in a cab. The advert could have called minicab drivers rapists, I suppose but that might have been a bit on the nose.

Whatever you think of their business practices and anything else about their service, this is one of the positives for sure.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Any advert with kids directly plugging shit that they have no way of comprehending at that age. Real kids ("Daddy, what does Giffgaff mean?") or CG (Proud Mary just because the chorus is vaguely driving-related in semantics). Milkybar is chocolate. Kids like chocolate. I get that, even though the Milkybar Kid got intolerant from doing that.

Proselytising isn't restricted to religions, folks.