Utterly shit adverts

gmoney

This VirginĀ Media one is really making my blood boil at the minute. Mainly because thisĀ kid's bedroom studio consists of an OP-1, a Roland Space Echo, an MPC 2000 and an Orange 2x12 cab which is about nearly four grands worth of equipment and she's only a teenager andĀ I'm not jealous at all by the way.

Ā 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

This VirginĀ Media one is really making my blood boil at the minute. Mainly because thisĀ kid's bedroom studio consists of an OP-1, a Roland Space Echo, an MPC 2000 and an Orange 2x12 cab which is about nearly four grands worth of equipment and she's only a teenager andĀ I'm not jealous at all by the way.

Ā 

She doesn't get clearance to use that sample either.

On 7/10/2021 at 10:03 AM, wordsfromlee said:

The current Lynx one is shit, but inĀ a TIL crossover, Aitch and Anthony Joshua are CGIā€™dĀ into it as itā€™s originally an Axe advert in the US.Ā 

At least itā€™s better than the last one with the least convincing school from ā€˜Manchester 1995ā€™ Iā€™ve ever seen, and a squirrel shagging a can.Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members

YouTube is available to use at work, so I listen to glorious synth 80s pop. However, in between these, I either get that annoying NZ bint telling me how HelloFresh is cheaper than she thought, or some FX trade bloke who just had shoulder surgery.

Get in the bin.Ā 

• 2 years later...

Saw this new can of Coke yesterday, and was annoyed by the use of 'AI' on the cans description. The spiel on the official website is somehow a hundred times more pompous and shit than what I saw on the can

https://www.coca-colacompany.com/media-center/coca-cola-creations-imagines-year-3000-futuristic-flavor-ai-powered-experience

Ā 

Theres plenty of cringe worthy bollocks being wrote on that page, but it doesnt get much worse than this nonsense:

Ā 

"Cocaā€‘ColaĀ® Y3000 Zero Sugar was co-created with human and artificial intelligence by understanding how fans envision the future through emotions, aspirations, colors, flavors and more. Fansā€™ perspectives from around the world, combined with insights gathered from artificial intelligence, helped inspire Cocaā€‘Cola to create the unique taste of Y3000.Ā Ā 

ā€œWe hope that Cocaā€‘Cola will still be as relevant and refreshing in the year 3000 as it is today, so we challenged ourselves to explore the concept of what a Coke from the future might taste likeā€”and what kind of experiences would a Coke from the future unlock?ā€"

Ā 

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Resurrecting an old thread to say I've just seen an advert for Pot Noodles on Challenge that actually made me feel quite ill. (fish in a barrow standard joke here). I'd link it but I'd rather not have to go out of my way to see it again. If you've seen it, I'm sure you'll know - absolutely vile. Imagine seeing that on a hungover Sunday! God knows how that got green lit.Ā 

• Paid Members

Think I might be getting whooshed here....isn't shooting fish in a barrel going for the clear and obvious joke (in this case that Pot Noodles are gross enough to make you feel ill anyway)? I understand the full expression is "like shooting fish in a barrel" but I'd often go for the abbreviated version in conversation and didn't think twice about it here.Ā 

Okay....as I'm typing this I've worked it out.Ā šŸ˜…Ā Barrel! Barrel! Just a typo - although I am an English teacher by trade so no excuse!

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Think I might be getting whooshed here....isn't shooting fish in a barrel going for the clear and obvious joke (in this case that Pot Noodles are gross enough to make you feel ill anyway)? I understand the full expression is "like shooting fish in a barrel" but I'd often go for the abbreviated version in conversation and didn't think twice about it here.Ā 

Okay....as I'm typing this I've worked it out.Ā šŸ˜…Ā Barrel! Barrel! Just a typo - although I am an English teacher by trade so no excuse!

We've all done it SpookyWoods, it just tickled me. And also the mistype has turned it into something just as plausible and about as logical.Ā