Utterly shit adverts

gmoney

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Wideload90 said:

The dominos advert has annoyed me so much I deliberately went for the local kebab shop pizza over dominos. 

I shall be making this mistake again.

I won’t lie, I have a soft spot for the cheap pizza places. Yes, there’s sometimes a craving that only certain Domino’s items will satisfy - for me, it’s their meatballs, the chicken strippers dipped in honey mustard, and the cookies. But sometimes you look at the cost of a pizza and a side and think “Or down the road for the same price I can have a pizza, onion rings, fries, a can and a cake and they’ll throw in a free garlic bread with cheese. And the pizza can have donner meat on it. And I can save half of it for tomorrow.”

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Yeah, there's a pizza hut next to our local takeaway and for the price of one pizza from there you can get 3 12" pizzas from the little takeaway. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Wideload90 said:

@air_raid ... Half of it tomorrow? Never heard of it. 

Yeah, at the peak of my fatness * spending the Just Eat minimum delivery often meant after smashing the fried sides and half the pizza and garlic bread the other half went on the fridge to be heated up the next day, covered in leftover chilli sauce and garlic Mayo.

* well, peak of mid-30s fatness. When I was 17 and going to 3 Cooks, the chippy or the butcher for a pork sandwich every lunchtime I got up to 20st.

• Paid Members

I prefer supermarket pizza now to be honest because I like a really thin crispy base. 

• Paid Members

My minor annoyance today - Scottish people typing how they speak is commonly found on Twitter, today I found out they do it on eBay too.

”A see ave one (sic) item, but a won…”

I’d feel a complete and total prick typing in phonetic speech and ignoring how the word’s actually spelled, in a sentence which I hoped the reader will actually understand.

Edit - apologies for attempting to draw this thread back on topic…. And forgetting which thread I’d waylaid to begin with!

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

My minor annoyance today - Scottish people typing how they speak is commonly found on Twitter, today I found out they do it on eBay too.

I’d feel a complete and total prick typing in phonetic speech and ignoring how the word’s actually spelled, in a sentence which I hoped the reader will actually understand.

I can't say for absolute certain, but I would venture to guess that it takes its root in the traditional spelling of Scots, which does have its own conventions.

EDIT: Should also point out several other groups of people type phonetically - seen plenty of Geordies and Irish do the same.

Edited by Carbomb

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

My minor annoyance today is people posting in the wrong thread. 

• Paid Members

The Purple Bricks ad with Laura Trott is grinding my gears. There’s something about the delivery of the agent’s lines about “How quickly could you complete a house sale?” and “Cant be good at everything” that strikes me as smug/quasi self-deprecating, and gets on my nerves for reasons I can’t quite put my finger on…

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, air_raid said:

The Purple Bricks ad with Laura Trott is grinding my gears. There’s something about the delivery of the agent’s lines about “How quickly could you complete a house sale?” and “Cant be good at everything” that strikes me as smug/quasi self-deprecating, and gets on my nerves for reasons I can’t quite put my finger on…

Alice, the purple bricks lady, is incredibly attractive though.

• 4 weeks later...