Utterly shit adverts

gmoney

• Paid Members

As if the Wannadies hadn't made enough money from You & Me Song featuring in almost every rom-com and compilation album around the turn of the century, somebody's done a twee cover of it for the latest O2 advert. 

• Paid Members

My gym plays a breathy twee hipster version of Born To Be Wild.

It's one of the worst things I've ever heard, and I'm not to totally convinced it's not a piss take as the one thing it doesn't convey is that the singer feels that they are not only wild, but were born to be so.

• Awards Moderator
17 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

It's one of the worst things I've ever heard, and I'm not to totally convinced it's not a piss take as the one thing it doesn't convey is that the singer feels that they are not only wild, but were born to be so.

That's the one I was complaining about a few weeks ago when ITV Hub showed it four times a break during AEW. It's catastrophically bad!

@WyattSheepMask I would have blamed John Lewis for the rise of the Twee Cover. If their Christmas ads with Twee Covers hadn't become so popular you wouldn't have every other company trying to replicate it.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I've heard so many rants about this one. I haven't heard it myself, but I'm not surprised, given the breathy twee hipster versions of other songs. It's the current musical equivalent of "they're selling hippy wigs in Woolworths, man".

Just waiting for a breathy twee hipster version of Outhere Bros.' "Boom Boom Boom".

5 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Born To Be Mild, if you will.

@HarmonicGeneratoryeah, I hadn’t thought of John Lewis, I just remember seeing an ad for the Live Lounge and it seemingly just being all “stripped back” acoustic affairs, which is bullshit. It should be two artists exchange tracks, I want to hear Slayer having a crack at Shake It Off while Tay-Tay tackles War Ensemble 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The slow stripped down-breathy cover can be directly traced back to that fucking Gary Jules. It's absolutely all his fault.

See, I put it down to that fucking cover of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" that they used for some car advert. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I've heard so many rants about this one. I haven't heard it myself, but I'm not surprised, given the breathy twee hipster versions of other songs. It's the current musical equivalent of "they're selling hippy wigs in Woolworths, man".

Just waiting for a breathy twee hipster version of Outhere Bros.' "Boom Boom Boom".

Animal by W*A*S*P*

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Animal by W*A*S*P*

No. 

Under no circumstances. No.

Mainly because - well mainly because it'll just be a pile of dribbly shit - but also because they'll undoubtedly change it to "Animal: Love Like a Beast".

Stinky, corduroy wearing cunts.

• Paid Members

I don’t think any one advert is more guilty than others, but all the adverts people have made hammering home either how different the world is because of the pandemic instead of just concentrating on the product/service. Really make me feel queasy how all their marketing dorks have decided we all need a comforting hug that everything’s ok and we’ll all pull together as long as we’re still buying what they’re flogging. Awful, all of them.

OK, Halifax.