Utterly shit adverts

gmoney

• 1 month later...
  • Awards Moderator

This Tesco “No Naughty List” Christmas ad is winding me up at the moment. Doesn’t matter what you did/didn’t do this year, it’s Christmas, treat yourself. They start with quite innocuous things like not managing to do maths when homeschooling, but it crosses a line when Santa admits he went away on holiday. Doesn’t matter, Santa, there’s no naughty list. You probably didn’t infect too many people with your international travel. I assume the extended version of the ad has chinmaskers, pro-statue protesters and people who are still having friends round every weekend.

• Paid Members

If we’re going to re-visit the theme of awful adverts that remind us of the horrific pandemic instead of just selling us a product, let’s take a moment for Morrison’s fucking bobblehead Santa with a mask dashboard toy, Direct Line having Sue Perkins utter tripe about “life’s like a movie plot at the moment,” Richard Ayoade imploring us to embrace a “new different “ before nonsensically putting a mask on before boarding his bike, and worst of all BT with Idris Elba (or a soundalike) warning us “the intern” might be after our job if we’re not Zooming with perfect clarity. The fear is too real for some of us, you cunts. Although not so much of being sacked for weak internet ... but being asked back to the office.

Also of note for current crap : the Pepsi Max ad is like a bunch of middle aged white marketing bods sat in a dusty boardroom decided to try and broaden their demographic by reading The Ladybird Book Of Rapping written in 1991. Should have gone the whole hog and had a bunch of kids in Reeboks and bum bags doing The Bartman.

• Paid Members

I actually like the Tesco 'no naughty list' adverts. I think they are the best of the Christmas ads I've seen so far this year. You can't expect any companies to be making Christmas ads this year without trying to offer some light for people at the end of a year like we've been through. 

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I actually like the Tesco 'no naughty list' adverts. I think they are the best of the Christmas ads I've seen so far this year. You can't expect any companies to be making Christmas ads this year without trying to offer some light for people at the end of a year like we've been through. 

Give us something traditional to take away from the doom and gloom. The last thing I want is a reminder of the dumpster fire this year has been. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's an old advert which has been replayed with a pre covid warning along the bottom. Those two hipster douche bag cunts butchering together in electric dreams with some acoustic flavouring to promote the teenage tipple of choice, Strongbow. 

It was shit then and it's even shitter amidst the pandemic. 

Gash.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Really loathe the trend of adverts trying to guilt trip meat eaters into going veggie to save the planet. Feels a bit fruitless when “Don’t murder animals” wasn’t enough deterrent. Sainsbury’s isn’t the first but it might be the worst.