Ashley Massaro Dead at 39

Retro Red

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Yeah, but we've only got Justin Roberts' word for that.

Point taken.

I just find it interesting that so many stories have come out about Benoit since the murders that weren’t reported at the time. They paint a very different picture of the guy.

I’ve gradually gone from thinking “nobody could’ve seen it coming” to “how the fuck did nobody see it coming?” He clearly got off on beating and humiliating people he saw as weaker than him, even going back to making Japanese Young Boys do press ups while he pissed on them.

Even now, people tend to blame CTE and steroids for the murders, and ignore the possibility that he was just an evil fucking prick.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, unfitfinlay said:

Point taken.

I just find it interesting that so many stories have come out about Benoit since the murders that weren’t reported at the time. They paint a very different picture of the guy.

I’ve gradually gone from thinking “nobody could’ve seen it coming” to “how the fuck did nobody see it coming?” He clearly got off on beating and humiliating people he saw as weaker than him, even going back to making Japanese Young Boys do press ups while he pissed on them.

Even now, people tend to blame CTE and steroids for the murders, and ignore the possibility that he was just an evil fucking prick.

Having Dynamite Kid as a mentor clearly didn't help.

• Paid Members

I met Benoit and Rhyno at a signing in Hamleys in the early 90’s. I know he was at a signing, and for all I know he could of hated doing public appearances, but he was scary, real intense and I’ve never shook hands with someone who almost crushed my hand like he did. 

10 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

Point taken.

He had too many workrates to be in the Evil Bully Club. You could only be a bully if you were a boring, WWF-style worker. If you did crisp Germans, anything rough you did to a rookie was just teaching people to respect the business. It'd still be like that now if Benoit hadn't killed his family, probably.

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

If you did crisp Germans, anything rough you did to a rookie was just teaching people to respect the business. 

"Nobody who does Germans can be an evil man." 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Benoit didnt kill his family anyway. They were all murdered by Kevin Sullivan. Keep up. 

Chavo's got the texts to prove it. 

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Kanyon killing himself back in 2010 has always been one of the saddest deaths in wrestling. There's a guy who gave way more than the industry ever gave him.

I was surprised his book didn't take off afterwards. It is a great read and you can really sense his state of mind throughout. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, FUM said:

I was surprised his book didn't take off afterwards. It is a great read and you can really sense his state of mind throughout. 

He was painted as a loony with a vendetta. Which is strange, considering he was trusted enough to be a talent scout, trainer for Jay Leno and a stunt coordinator for Warner Brothers prior to joining the WWF. But if Vince says he's a headcase, I suppose who better to judge than a level headed soul like Vince McMahon?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I remember hearing Raven and Jim Mitchell telling stories about how they pretty much knew they were never going to see Kanyon again after their last meetings with him. It sounded like he all but told them he wasn't going to be around much longer. The way Raven told it was heartbreaking - something along the lines of in a way being happy for Kanyon because he was so unhappy and lived such a troubled life that at least now he wasn't suffering anymore. Poor guy.