Ashley Massaro Dead at 39

Retro Red

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

This is part of the reason that Pro Wrestling Eve tweeting about it was impressive. They still work with WWE UK performers.

Not for much longer after this, they’ll be fine though, the owners were in Japan a few weeks ago striking deals with other companies.

Viper and Kay Lee Ray are having their last match for the company on June 30th and I’m struggling to think of any others that work there apart from Killer Kelly and Jinny(she’s off soon too)

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Loki said:

Someone out there, some of the other players mentioned in her affidavit, know the truth, but they also know if they speak up they'll never work for WWE again.  It's nut cutting time.

I wonder if the emergence of another big spending company will allow others to feel more free to open up in future? The possibility of being blacklisted by the WWE may not seem as bad a prospect as, say, 2-3 years ago.

58 minutes ago, Loki said:

Why would she lie? All the case needed was testimony about head injuries.  To bring up all this other, terrible stuff smacks of someone finally getting things off her chest.

Exactly. If the so-called dodgy lawyer was getting her to make shit up, surely it would have been more sensible to make shit up about the head trauma? That would have given them a chance of winning, right?

The idea of him convincing her to make up a fucking rape story is ridiculous, and by saying what they did WWE are essentially not just calling the lawyer a scumbag, but claiming that Ashley was a total mug and easily led to make up such a story.

• Paid Members

According to WWE’s Lawyer, all parties involved (Jimmy Hart, Maria, Ron Simmons, Gary Davis) have denied they know anything about this. Apparently Maria was the one who told them but she doesn’t recall it ever happening.

11 minutes ago, MEGABUCKS said:

Maria who's whole family is currently employed by WWE. Ofcourse she doesn't recall anything

That's a hell of an accusation.

We need to be really careful not to burn everything and everyone involved down without corroborating evidence.

The only damning evidence we need is the number of people who even believed this to be true - letting it get out of hand, and accusing people like Maria of something that grave isn't helpful.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

In my post earlier about this, I did say "if it's anywhere near true" for a reason. As much as yet another disgusting allegation and yet another senseless loss of life because of the business, or more specifically the company, is enough for me to revaluate giving them my financial support - for whatever that is worth - I don't know that we'll ever find out if it's true.

I certainly don't think it will bring the whole thing crumbling down because as we've seen there just isn't enough interest in exposing them and they are confident enough to just outright deny it knowing it's their word against no-ones now.

I've been thinking for a while reading that Vice thread and re-listening to the SCG episodes going through the sleaze thread how fucking ridiculous it is that these grotesque stories are out there and have been for years and yet no-one really cares. People still watch, sponsor, support the industry and the company in spite of it all (Me included). Not talking either about the oddball fuckers who work in it and the myriad of horrible stories but what should be major scandals like Brody's murder and the Nancy Argentino cover-up. The Owen Hart tragedy and the Benoit murders, which were far more recent, got them a lot of bad press but in the grand scheme of things, did them no harm. It makes me think there's nothing the industry won't survive because it's just wrestling. What year is it again?

Not playing devils advocate or casting judgement either way, here, but for what it's worth doesn't Konstantine Kyros have a brutal reputation? His concussion lawsuit was thrown out of court by the judge. I know McDevitt makes most mortal men piss their pants in a court of law, but the deciding judge in that case blasted Kyros for failing to comply with court regulations. 

Not the kind of protagonist you'd ideally want in chasing after WWE, here. 

That's the problem.  Ashley's case was mixed in with all these other bullshit cases.  People like Sabu or Chavo Guerrero suing WWE because wrestling's dangerous and they didn't know, yet the continued wrestling long after leaving WWE.  Ashley is one of the few who most likely had a genuine case, she never wrestled before WWE, never wrestled after WWE, never had any proper training and did receive life changing injuries.  But because it was part of a class action lawsuit full of lies and bullshit, it was dismissed.

As someone said earlier, just because most of the people suing WWE in that lawsuit were lying, doesn't mean they all were.

• Paid Members

It's a sad state of affairs really.

She's being defended by a Lawyer with a reptuation for pulling anyone off the street to have a pop at WWE and failing to comply with court rules.
Then all protential witnesses denied it happened or ever hearing about it, including people like Maria who despite her family being employed never before had an issue burning bridges with WWE.
Take it with a pinch of salt too as I know nothing about medical procedures, but a few people have mentioned that a paralytic drug would paralyze everything and she would have needed puttting on some sort of ventilator if the drug worked how she said. Also a few accounts of the trip contradict the affadavit's timeline of events.

It's horrible to say but there's sadly way more to contradict it ever happened because all we have to say it did is an untrustworthy lawyer's affadavit. Frankly I hope it didn't happen because it sounds horrific, but I think everyone has been so quick to just immediately jump in and take it as truth. I don't think Ashley has made it up, but there's a good chance the lawyer could have.

Either way if it did happen it's awful, and if it didn't it's awful because this is her legacy now. This is what her child has to deal with in the wake of her mother's death. 

Those denying any recollection of the event are the same people accused in the affidavit of leaving Ashley high and dry after what had just happened to her. Not a story that covers them in glory if they decide to corroborate it.