Ashley Massaro Dead at 39

Retro Red

I can't remember who done the foreword but it was written after his death and they had most certainly been happy for him that he wasn't suffering anymore. There was a line that has stuck with me throughout life when it comes to suicide since I read it that Kanyon said to whoever wrote this, it was along the lines of, "You think it is selfish of me to want to kill myself, I think it is selfish you want me to continue living a life I don't want." 

Wasn't Paul E. a big friend of hers? Amazing that everyone went on for years what a scumbag Heyman is, yet he seems the only major figure in wrestling who actually gives two shits about a lot of these people. I remember Nancy Benoits sister saying what a help he was on Jericho's pod.

I've read her affidavit. I think she lied about the rape. Her story has too many instances that are highly unlikely to have acutually happened, even in a situation that is beyond reason to begin with. The fact that none of her supposed witnesses claim to even know what she's talking about is also quite telling, to me. Gary Hart is the only one that could even remotely corroborate the story, but he's also dead.  

Does anyone know if he ever spoke about this before his passing?

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

I've read her affidavit. I think she lied about the rape. Her story has too many instances that are highly unlikely to have acutually happened, even in a situation that is beyond reason to begin with. The fact that none of her supposed witnesses claim to even know what she's talking about is also quite telling, to me. Gary Hart is the only one that could even remotely corroborate the story, but he's also dead.  

I believe it "acutually" happened, but am interested in your reasons why, as no-one else has raised issue having read it

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

It wasn't Gary Hart. It was Gary Davis.

@tiger_rick In her affidavit, she says that the Gary in question was Gary Hart, not Gary Davis. It confused me too, when the reports came out, but I double checked and she only mentions Gary Hart. He was the one that supposedly wrapped her in the quilt and carried her out.

@Hannibal Scorch  The fonts are gonna get all fucked up, but such is life. Here's a summation of some of my reasons.

I am also very friendly and personable by nature so I developed a strong rapport with the many veterans and active service members that I encountered in my work with the WWE.

In my experience, people who describe themselves in this fashion have a malicious personality disorder. Not "I see myself as a.." or "I've been told that I am...", but  just straight up telling the court what kind of person she is, in her own opinion. She seems oblivious as to how that would come across, in court or anywhere else.

While I was initially thrilled to have this opportunity, I began experiencing issues from the outset. At the beginning of the trip, I received harsh treatment from several men in Saudi Arabia, even while wearing a burqa. Maria Kanellis did not receive this type of treatment, so I suspected that it was related to my fair skin and light eyes. This made me very uncomfortable, but I brushed it off and was still looking forward to the tour.

This statement points to the same disorder. It seemed off that a female would say this amout a female co-worker, but i thought it was a stretch to call it an insult. I have discussed this with a female and came to the conclusion that there is a fairly large chance that this was all just put in there as a dig to Maria Kanellis. Conjecture at best, so let's move on.

Then, after we had arrived in Kuwait, I began to suffer from menstrual cramps. I had asked to rest in the Humvee, which was air-conditioned during a break, and the US Army soldiers insisted I was suffering from dehydration, notified Gary, and insisted on taking me to a nearby military base in Kuwait. I was told at the base that I needed an IV for dehydration. I protested but they insisted that I needed it and it was very common due to the hot weather.

Knowing her past, it is a lot more likely to me that she was inhebriated beyond a point she was comfortable with and it was actually her that claimed that she was dehydrated. As you probably know, this is not unprecedented. Gary Hart, having been around this business and it's excesses for a very long time, most probably saw the state she was in and arranged for the hospital stay (probably also claiming her to be dehydrated).

Another couple of hours went by and then a man appeared in the sickbay, dressed in an orange t-shirt and cargo shorts, and I had heard others comment that it was his birthday. He represented himself as a US Army doctor but I observed that all the other doctors at the facility had been wearing scrubs so I do not know whether this was true. He was with a woman who was dressed in full military fatigues. While I was still in the sickbay, he approached me and almost immediately administered an IV of an unknown substance in my other arm. Almost 6 immediately after, the alleged doctor and the woman in fatigues moved me into a room that did not appear to be a treatment room and placed me on a table. The woman guarded the door while the man proceeded to inject me with a drug that caused me to be unable to move my body or to scream. The man then proceeded to violently rape and sodomize me. I was completely helpless to defend myself against this attack as the drug he injected rendered me temporarily paralyzed. Despite being unable to control my movements, I remained fully conscious for every second of the attack. I felt excruciating pain as a result of this man penetrating me by force and against my will, in a violent and aggressive manner, while I was completely defenseless.

Each second that went by was excruciating and I have never felt more helpless or been more terrified in my entire life. The experience was a living nightmare. I don’t know exactly how long this went on for but if felt like an eternity. The suffering I endured far surpassed all the injuries I had ever suffered in the ring put together; I was experiencing not only severe physical pain but severe emotional and psychological trauma. I have always considered myself to be a fighter and survivor so I can’t even find the words to describe what it felt like to be thrown on a table and stripped and then brutalized in the worst possible way that one human being is capable of brutalizing another - all while being unable to move or speak. In addition to the pain and terror, I felt almost dehumanized, and was extremely disturbed by the feeling that I was somehow given to this man as some type of sick birthday present, and it also made me sick that the female soldier willingly guarded the door for him while he raped me without blinking an eye.

This took the cake for me. I have never heard a rape victim describe her assault in such a manner. Mostly because the kind of trauma we're talking is not something you'd compare to anything else. Comparing the pain of sexual assault to the pain of wrestling injuries is insane, to em. It seems to me she just tries to bring the story back aroud to the lawsuit against WWE.

There were also many people in WWE who I am very sure truly cared about Ashley. If this really happened, no matter what bitterness there is between them, I'd assume that Paul London or Matt Hardy would have spoken up. I think Reby Sky's comments on her would have also been a lot different if she believed the story and she's very close to the source. I also have a lot of trouble just assuming that everyone that was in WWE at the time and knows of the story is a liar, a coward and an allround bad person.

It comes down to this: If i'm being (what i consider) a rational adult, I can't take this story as the truth.

Edited by Whistling Skull
Typo. The last one i'll edit, mind you.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

@tiger_rick In her affidavit, she says that the Gary in question was Gary Hart, not Gary Davis. It confused me too, when the reports came out, but I double checked and she only mentions Gary Hart. He was the one that supposedly wrapped her in the quilt and carried her out.

I don't know when Gary Hart ever worked for WWE in that capacity. In the reports on McDevitts response, they all refer to Gary Davis. Given it follows Jimmy Hart, it looks like an error that's slipped through.

"The other performers in attendance were Maria Kanellis, Ron Simmons, and Jimmy Hart. Gary Hart was also in attendance in a supervisory role."

That's the only Gary she mentions.

I agree with you that could just as well have been a mistake that just slipped through, though.

Edited by Whistling Skull
seems not at all unlikely.

• Paid Members

When the crux of your argument is nit-picking about how you feel a woman (because that's the word when you're talking about human beings, not "a female") should or shouldn't describe her own sexual assault, and inventing out of whole cloth the possibility of her being "inebriated", you're not making the rational argument you think you are.

• Paid Members

It's ridiculous to try and pick apart the affadavit because none of us were there, the accuser is deceased and the witnesses are "professionally compromised". You either believe her or you don't - and either is fine - but to try and pick apart the words of someone none of us know is silly.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

I also have a lot of trouble just assuming that everyone that was in WWE at the time and knows of the story is a liar, a coward and an allround bad person.

It comes down to this: If i'm being (what i consider) a rational adult, I can't take this story as the truth.

You know you are talking about a company which has helped cover up murders, turned a blind eye to basically pimping out its females and encouraged hazing among other things right? The whole reason it is plausible is because they are morally bankrupt.