Ashley Massaro Dead at 39

Retro Red

I completely respect the fact it is just your opinion @Whistling Skull

I reserve the right to think your opinion that Ashley had a malicious personality disorder, was hammered, is lieing about being raped just to get a form of settlement from WWE is abhorrent and I think you're a twat.

its just my opinion so by your logic you can't have a go at me.

Edited by Ricc1PW

2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I'm not going to be told what is rational by someone who thinks they can diagnose narcissism from a distance from a single subjective statement, thinks on no evidence whatsoever that a woman claiming to be dehydrated (in the Middle East, no less) must be a euphemism for them being drunk, and thinks they can discredit an account of sexual assault because it's not what you think a woman disclosing a sexual assault should sound like, thanks.

It's nothing to do with defending Ashley Massaro's "honour" - it's a little late for that, she's dead, in case you missed it - and everything to do with seeing your interpretation of events as baseless speculation at best and a thinly veiled sexist diatribe at worst. 

Because "it's just my opinion" isn't a get-out clause to avoid criticism. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but some opinions are shit. 

No. Just no. You're a real hypocrite, man. You don't get to push people into the squares you want them. I have repeatedly said that I don't know if the story is true, but that i don't believe it to be.

It sounded to me like she might've gotten drunk, never said it was actually the case. You're acting like i'm scum for even suggesting it. In a covnersation on the internet, mind you, not at her fucking funeral.

2 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

I completely respect the fact it is just your opinion @Whistling Skull

I reserve the right to think your opinion that Ashley had a malicious personality disorder, was hammered, is lieing about being raped just to get a form of settlement from WWE abhorrent and I think yuou're a twat.

its just my opinion so by your logic you can't have a go at me.

If that's your opninion, it's made solely to insult me. What have i done to insult (the memory of) Ashley Massaro? Is her family reading this? Are you personally insulted by what i gathered from her affidavit?

1 minute ago, Joe_the_Lion said:

Why?

In showbusiness, it happens a lot that people will OD on drink or drugs, or just be in a bad way, and then cancel their appearance citing "dehydration". Given the telling of the story and her substance abuse problems, that sprung to mind. Don't know if it's true. But it sprung to mind.

Decent question to ask.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Whistling Skull said:

It sounded to me like she might've gotten drunk

Based on zero evidence.

You also decided she had a "malicious personality disorder", based on zero evidence - because the way someone (sorry, the way "a female") describes themselves isn't fucking evidence.

You also decided, based on zero evidence, that she just felt like having a needless, unfounded dig at Maria Kanellis in the middle of an affidavit. 

You also decided that she probably hadn't been raped, because you didn't think the way she described her ordeal was sufficiently...you know what, I still don't fucking understand your take on this one.

Again, no one has a problem with you not believing something based on the facts. That you've chosen not to believe it based on an alternative narrative of your own invention is the problem. You've made a lot of (frankly mental) assumptions, and it's more than a little telling that not one of those assumptions is sympathetic, and every single one serves a narrative of A Female being a narcissistic liar based on no evidence stronger than "it feels like".

You didn't ask the question though, you cited it as an example to support your opinion that she was lying. Even then, part of that theory was based on Gary Hart being the type to recognise the signs and cover it up, which is already out the window since it wasn't even Gary Hart there. 

Just now, BomberPat said:

Based on zero evidence.

You also decided she had a "malicious personality disorder", based on zero evidence - because the way someone (sorry, the way "a female") describes themselves isn't fucking evidence.

You also decided, based on zero evidence, that she just felt like having a needless, unfounded dig at Maria Kanellis in the middle of an affidavit. 

You also decided that she probably hadn't been raped, because you didn't think the way she described her ordeal was sufficiently...you know what, I still don't fucking understand your take on this one.

Again, no one has a problem with you not believing something based on the facts. That you've chosen not to believe it based on an alternative narrative of your own invention is the problem. You've made a lot of (frankly mental) assumptions, and it's more than a little telling that not one of those assumptions is sympathetic, and every single one serves a narrative of A Female being a narcissistic liar based on no evidence stronger than "it feels like".

"In showbusiness, it happens a lot that people will OD on drink or drugs, or just be in a bad way, and then cancel their appearance citing "dehydration". Given the telling of the story and her substance abuse problems, that sprung to mind. Don't know if it's true. But it sprung to mind. "

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

"Don't know if it's true."

And that's probably where you should have stopped. And started, for that matter.

Again, this is a completely unfounded assumption. Surely the Occam's Razor explanation is that someone - in the heat of the Middle East - claiming to be dehydrated, is probably dehydrated? 

Edited by BomberPat

5 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

In showbusiness, it happens a lot that people will OD on drink or drugs, or just be in a bad way, and then cancel their appearance citing "dehydration". Given the telling of the story and her substance abuse problems, that sprung to mind. Don't know if it's true. But it sprung to mind.

Decent question to ask.

Is show business something else you have "experience" of?

always pay more attention to things that are underlined.

1 hour ago, Whistling Skull said:

-It came across to me that she might have been drunk or something else, because of the dehydration story. That it sounds like that to me, doesn't mean i regard myself as knowing for sure. With "She sounds like she was drunk" I do not mean "This lady was definatly drunk".

- I've been a social services worker in the prison with the highest security requirements in my country. Me linking people not knowing how they come across (in a high stakes situation like a court case) to a malicious personality disorder thing stems from my experience in that field.   It's a red flag that i take into account when assessing the entire situation.

I can relate to this totally.  For example, I work at an all girls' boarding school, and you'd be amazed at the number of times the girls' malicious personality disorders make them claim they "feel ill".

"Mr Loki, I don't feel so good" they say.  "Oh, dear, well just drink this and sit on those lovely pillows over there, and you'll feel so much better".  And they do, they always do feel better.

So I always take drunkenness into account when coming across someone.

9 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

Zing. Join the discussion, why don't you.

Ok I respect your misguided belief that Ashley wasn’t raped, however there’s too much evidence that it’s more than likely she was, a company doesn’t go to great lengths to cover up an incident as serious as this if there wasn’t anything in the first place to hide

5 minutes ago, Joe_the_Lion said:

Is show business something else you have "experience" of?

always pay more attention to things that are underlined.

I do not feel bad about typo's, dued.

6 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

And that's probably where you should have stopped. And started, for that matter.

Again, this is a completely unfounded assumption. Surely the Occam's Razor explanation is that someone - in the heat of the Middle East - claiming to be dehydrated, is probably dehydrated? 

Yeah, it struck me that way because her known substance abuse issues, the ay she told the story and stories i've heard about her (in shoots etc.). Lord knows those are always accurate.

It came across to me like she might've been drunk and put on an IV. That doens not have to be the case. Why are you so sure that it's not?