Ashley Massaro Dead at 39

Retro Red

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Whistling Skull said:

Very true. Was just discussing this with my wife and we ran into some relevant points of question.

There would have been an investigation if someone filed a complaint. Be it a (former)WWE employee or Ashely Massaro herself. If a case was filed and a settlement was reached(I assume that WWE's strategy is "settle, settle, settle") the affidavit would probably not exist. 

To me, it sounds like no action was taken concerning the situation, untill the concussion suit came up. Does anyone on here have information on if she ever reached out to anyone, while she was alive?

The whole point is that she said they convinced her not to file. WWE have also said in their response to the court that they were aware that she'd told people she was sexually assaulted.

On 5/18/2019 at 5:36 PM, Keith Houchen said:

I know this is probably for another thread but given this is another example of outright disgraceful stuff, what will it take to make you stop supporting this company?

I don't post very often on here even though I've had an account for years and read fairly regularly but that afadavit had made me cancel my subscription to the network.  Whilst I've always been aware of some of the scummy practices I just can't support the WWE until they do something about the way they behave.

28 minutes ago, Dazzer said:

I don't post very often on here even though I've had an account for years and read fairly regularly but that afadavit had made me cancel my subscription to the network.  Whilst I've always been aware of some of the scummy practices I just can't support the WWE until they do something about the way they behave.

If I hadn’t already stopped watching, I would have after that. Not because I necessarily believe it’s all true. But because I have absolutely no doubts that it could be. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

If I hadn’t already stopped watching, I would have after that. Not because I necessarily believe it’s all true. But because I have absolutely no doubts that it could be. 

It was the final straw for me as well. For pretty much line for line what you said. No one can confirm it’s truth. But it’s so plausible  

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

14 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Well they are all horrible people. But you could argue in many of this cases there was no evidence, just a victims word against the offender. So why are these any different?

Do you mind putting more nuance in your question? Comparing these individuals to the WWE as a company, or it's history, or it's employees is a very hard thing to objectively do.

Edit: @Hannibal Scorch  After giving it some more thought, I've come to this:

I have actually seen Jimmy Savile grope girls on video. Woody Allen hides in plain sight. The others all admitted guilt.

WWE, as an entity, hasn't admitted anything. Are you talking about certain people within WWE, or it's culture or...? 

Edited by Whistling Skull

27 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

Do you mind putting more nuance in your question? Comparing these individuals to the WWE as a company, or it's history, or it's employees is a very hard thing to objectively do.

Do we have to go round in circles I think we can all agree Harris,Saville and the rest of them are cunts of the highest order.

Im not saying Ashley Is telling the truth or lying but she has no reason to lie about a rape when the lawsuit related to concussions, most can agree it’s the feeling that we could all see wwe and Vince covering this shit up 

1 minute ago, Jacko said:

Do we have to go round in circles I think we can all agree Harris,Saville and the rest of them are cunts of the highest order.

Im not saying Ashley Is telling the truth or lying but she has no reason to lie about a rape when the lawsuit related to concussions, most can agree it’s the feeling that we could all see wwe and Vince covering this shit up 

I see where you're coming from and mostly agree. But we also don't know if Massaro had any reason to lie. Too many questions that can probably never be answered objectively. All (I think) we can do is assume stuff by combining the facts with our gut feeling...and then let it go. Not giving a fuck is also a very viable option.

5 minutes ago, Jacko said:

I think we can all agree Harris,Saville and the rest of them are cunts of the highest order.

Well, at least we've got that one straightened out.

I'm not sure why anyone is entertaining this Whistling Skull fella. Aside from a surprisingly catchy forum handle he's obviously at the wind-up. 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

The likes of Savile got away with what they did for as long as they did because, institutionally, it was permitted. Countless people either turned a blind eye to what he did, chose not to pursue allegations, or actively facilitated it - we'll never know quite to what extent and in what combination, but it's inarguable that those things occurred.

So it's not about comparing individuals to a corporation, it's about recognising that systemic abuse happens not when one person takes advantage of another, but when a wider system/institution/organisation either fails to prevent them doing so or, either proactively or through lack of action, permits them to do so.

Part of the reason people instinctively believe this is that WWE has a long history of dubious behaviour, of covering up for its employees, of exploiting vulnerable people, and of horrendous treatment of women. Vince himself has been accused of sexual assault, former employees routinely brag about sexual abuse and assault in shoot interviews under the guise of ribs or road stories, multiple former female employees have - either in interviews or through more serious legal channels - made accusations of sexual abuse and harassment during their time in WWE, Vince likely helped cover for Jimmy Snuka after Nancy Argentino's death. 

This isn't an insane one-off, unbelievable story. People believe it because it's sadly in-keeping with the culture of the company, not because it stands outside of it.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Classic narcissist behaviour 

Well, I mean my point was really, I wish I hadn't challenged, but I am sure if I hadn't someone else would have.

Anyway, stop having a hard on for me, have this instead

Luger.gif?format=300w

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Whistling Skull said:

WWE, as an entity, hasn't admitted anything. Are you talking about certain people within WWE, or it's culture or...? 

14 hours ago, Chris B said:

WWE have also said in their response to the court that they were aware that she'd told people she was sexually assaulted.

34 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The likes of Savile got away with what they did for as long as they did because, institutionally, it was permitted. Countless people either turned a blind eye to what he did, chose not to pursue allegations, or actively facilitated it - we'll never know quite to what extent and in what combination, but it's inarguable that those things occurred.

So it's not about comparing individuals to a corporation, it's about recognising that systemic abuse happens not when one person takes advantage of another, but when a wider system/institution/organisation either fails to prevent them doing so or, either proactively or through lack of action, permits them to do so.

Part of the reason people instinctively believe this is that WWE has a long history of dubious behaviour, of covering up for its employees, of exploiting vulnerable people, and of horrendous treatment of women. Vince himself has been accused of sexual assault, former employees routinely brag about sexual abuse and assault in shoot interviews under the guise of ribs or road stories, multiple former female employees have - either in interviews or through more serious legal channels - made accusations of sexual abuse and harassment during their time in WWE, Vince likely helped cover for Jimmy Snuka after Nancy Argentino's death. 

This isn't an insane one-off, unbelievable story. People believe it because it's sadly in-keeping with the culture of the company, not because it stands outside of it.

Truth. I agree in full. I still watch WWE, though. Do you?

12 minutes ago, Chris B said:

WWE have also said in their response to the court that they were aware that she'd told people she was sexually assaulted.

Not what i meant. I was talking about how they've never admitted guilt in the matter. Still relevant, so thanks.

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

This post basically sums everything up nicely. There has been countless examples of abuse, whether sexual, physical, or general bullying. Along with the covering up, sweep it under carpet, or ‘laugh it off as a rib’ culture.

So when we look at the likelihood of an accusation, we tend to take previous behaviour in to consideration. We do it with everything, It’s how we form opinions, from having relationships with people with a ‘past’, to selecting who is running the country. We look at previous form and decide based on whether it sits well or not.

So when someone again points the finger at WWE and states that they covered up a rape, then previous form enters the equation and makes you think “shit yeah, this is pretty feasible”.

Not, “she was probably pissed because she’s famous & probably has mental health issues, so it might or might not have happened but I love the discussion, so will make things up.”

Pat is correct, whistling Skull isn’t, but we all know that so I’ll fuck off again now.