Ashley Massaro Dead at 39

Retro Red

PW Stream and Pro Wrestling Mag are saying there’s a petition to make Stephanie McMahon aware of the Ashley Massaro rape. PW Stream have 55.5k followers. Pro Wrestling Mag have 143.1k followers. This is spreading people!

Edited by LCJ

A petition to make her aware? They think she doesn't already know?

I get that it's exciting whenever some new dirt comes out and people convince themselves it'll be the catalyst for bringing down the evil empire, but these guys are the masters of making sure no shit ever sticks. They already denied knowing anything about the rape so it's essentially her word vs theirs and she's not around to back her side up (and nobody will do it for her). To them she's a former drug addict who jumped at the chance to return to the company and wrote them an apology which they can (and already are) spin(ning) to show how much she loved the company, including the guy who allegedly covered up her rape. It sounds harsh but this will blow over in no time. Same way the whole independent contractor did last month and Saudi Arabia did last year, both of which had people claiming could/would/should bring the company to its knees. 

Fair play to those making a stand and cancelling the Network etc. though. 

I did think the petition to make Stephanie aware sounded a bit daft but the point is, both of those Twitter accounts have a lot of followers so word of this is spreading. I do agree that the mainstream media really need to pick this story up to make a real difference and so far, that’s not happening.

I’m not a journalist, but I’ve got a decent social media following. If anyone here would be kind enough to do a write up for me to post along with her affidavit I reckon I could be able to get it some traction and a few shares. All sorts of people follow me so could probably get it into the right hands 

Ryback is the only wrestler i've seen publicy speak about this on twitter. This is what he said,

"They have gotten away with murder forever. Reading that pained me because I know she is telling the truth. Life isn’t fair we all have to accept this, but how @wwe treats humans isn’t something we should just accept."

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I hope something about the actual army cunt that committed the assault rings familiar with someone and he's found. 

Not just him.

It really feels like it was a set up. The soldiers used the fact that she was swooning a little in the heat as a pretext to get her on her own so their mate could rape her. The quote Iain posted from WWE's website backs her claim that they "insisted" she go, even though she didn't want to.

I also don't believe that the guy (and the woman who kept a look out) just happened to be walking round the Medical Centre with a syringe full of muscle tranquillisers, just on the off chance that there was an ex-Playboy Model around.  

6 hours ago, CTXRussomark said:

A petition to make her aware? They think she doesn't already know?

I get that it's exciting whenever some new dirt comes out and people convince themselves it'll be the catalyst for bringing down the evil empire, but these guys are the masters of making sure no shit ever sticks. They already denied knowing anything about the rape so it's essentially her word vs theirs and she's not around to back her side up (and nobody will do it for her). To them she's a former drug addict who jumped at the chance to return to the company and wrote them an apology which they can (and already are) spin(ning) to show how much she loved the company, including the guy who allegedly covered up her rape. It sounds harsh but this will blow over in no time. Same way the whole independent contractor did last month and Saudi Arabia did last year, both of which had people claiming could/would/should bring the company to its knees. 

Fair play to those making a stand and cancelling the Network etc. though. 

This is the exact opposite of how I feel. There's no excitement at all. Just disgust at WWE, and at myself for supporting them for so long. It's not like I didn't know that the company was run by scumbags - I've read plenty of stories over the years. I'm not sure I necessarily want to see them go bust either. I'm just not giving them any more money.

The rape might be hard to prove but it's hardly like it's the only shocking thing in there. They can't deny, for example, that they put her in the ring with very little training, because we were watching at the time. If it does turn out that she was suffering from CTE then they as good as killed her. She's no Chris Benoit after all. She didn't get multiple concussions working as a model.

Meltzer can fuck off as well. A judge throws out a class action lawsuit involving 60 people and it's proof that every one of them must be lying? Fuck right off.

Meltzer has often been pro WWE and has acted like they can do no wrong.

#JusticeForAshley has started on Twitter too. 

As far as people from the business go, I can only see people such as Gail Kim and Ryback who are unlikely to work for WWE again who are speaking out about this. Mick Foley has taken Ashley’s death badly by the looks of things. Several people tweeted him the story but that didn’t stop him showing up on Raw this week.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Mick Foley has taken Ashley’s death badly by the looks of things. Several people tweeted him the story but that didn’t stop him showing up on Raw this week.

It was coincidental timing that their Hall of Famer known for his RAINN work was back on TV and around the company days after the story came out, wasn't it? 

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I’m not a journalist, but I’ve got a decent social media following. If anyone here would be kind enough to do a write up for me to post along with her affidavit I reckon I could be able to get it some traction and a few shares. All sorts of people follow me so could probably get it into the right hands 

@Chris B 's tweet says it best. It already has momentum so you retweeting it would amplify it further. 

30 minutes ago, Chris B said:

It was coincidental timing that their Hall of Famer known for his RAINN work was back on TV and around the company days after the story came out, wasn't it? 

Interesting point. I don’t watch much WWE these days as I find it a chore to watch the likes of a three hour Raw but to my knowledge, Mick Foley hadn’t been involved in any recent angles or appeared on WWE TV shows for a while (correct me if I’m wrong).