Ashley Massaro Dead at 39

Retro Red

3 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I'd like to believe so, too. At the moment, though, I despair because it just doesn't feel like they're winning. 

As I've mentioned elsewhere, it comes down to organisation and savvy. The left have the numbers I believe, because it's blatantly obvious there are more decent, accepting people out there than there are arseholes. 

It's just that the arseholes can usually make more noise, and rally behind a cause with more efficiency than the left (or the regular, average person) does.

• Paid Members

Got to admit, I'm frustrated and downhearted. It's overtaken Daniel Bryan's return from injury on the SquaredCircle reddit to become the biggest thread they've had, and it's not even been picked up by the wrestling sitez other than Bix talking about the timing of the press release and one small site referring to it. Apparently Meltzer talked about it on his show, but I'm guessing his take will have been "well, you can't really know for sure, which doesn't mean it didn't happen, but she did have her issues...'

Nobody in the wrestling media wants to be first to turn it into a story, because it's potentially the biggest story since Benoit, but it's one dead woman's word against a corporation. If you're the first to run with it and nobody else does, you can say goodbye to ANY access, and be on WWE's legal radar. They'll be waiting on the mainstream media to pick it up.

No wrestlers want to interact with it because it's a guaranteed way to burn their bridge with their employer. And they don't want to attack the story, in case they pull a Ken Anderson and lie in public. So it's better to just put up pictures of her and say what a good friend she was.

They all know about it though - with the amount of time they spend on twitter and reddit, and the number of people that have been tagged in, they know. But nobody in the mainstream media knows about it or cares.

Where I'm frustrated is that I want WWE to have to comment on it. Because they're a corporation and that meeting led to policies (like the policy change WWE brought in with regards women not being left alone), and those policies will have paperwork somewhere. But I'm worried it's going to just die off without becoming a story.

On the plus side, people's reactions to it have been 99% upset and anger. That's given me some faith in people. And it'll hopefully keep turning up, so it might become something eventually.

Edited by Chris B

• Paid Members

Because wrestling sites have no balls. Ryan Satin is desperate to be hired by one of them. Meltzer probably knows of a thousand rapes and nonces, and he never reports it (Flair windmilling his cock at young air hostesses is just "Ric being Ric" afterall.) Its a closed shop. Everyone wants to be a journalist, but nobody wants to be a journalist.

Someone said it a few pages back, but targeting sponsors might be a good idea. If any of them start dropping, you can bet they'll have Stephanie on morning TV talking about how much they've changed. 

17 minutes ago, Loki said:

@Chris B what about looping in some of the more vocal #metoo advocates on Twitter?  If this is anything, it's part of that movement.

It's true. If the wresters themselves or the wrestling journalist dont want to say a word then maybe this should be reached out to actual humans who would say something

• Paid Members

I retweeted and @'d WWE, and the Mcmahons into I think a Bixenspan tweet about this. Probably a good idea to add in someone like John Oliver and use the #metoo. Scot Armstrong tweeted something about his back problems. I was tempted to link him into the Bixenspan thread.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Because wrestling sites have no balls. Ryan Satin is desperate to be hired by one of them. Meltzer probably knows of a thousand rapes and nonces, and he never reports it (Flair windmilling his cock at young air hostesses is just "Ric being Ric" afterall.) Its a closed shop. Everyone wants to be a journalist, but nobody wants to be a journalist.

Yup. There's some complete tosser up in Scotland (goes by the handle of "Chat Chatterson") who runs a blog called "Belly To Belly" or something shit, was basically making out that Massaro "never wanted this narrative, she said that lawyers pushed her to lie, and she apologised for the court case". I didn't bother engaging with him, because last I checked he got a couple of likes and that was it - thankfully he's been largely ignored like the rape-apologist nobody he comes across as.

I do wonder what level of evil it will take to bring down the WWE if there even exists that type of level

Steroids

Drugs

Drink spiking

Destruction of property 

Deaths

Murders

Racism

Beatings

Deviancy

Potential date rape

Sexual abuse/assault

Death at an event (Owen Hart) 

And now full on drug induced rape

All of it has occurred to levels well never truly know and yet the WWE seems to be immune to stuff which would have killed any other company by now. 

Incredibly it all gets swept aside with 5 words:

"that's just the wrestling business" 

It doesn't cut it for me as an excuse for the above. 

I know this is a wrestling forum however the more I discover the more ashamed I am to say I'm a fan! 

I'm seeing if Jim Sterling will cover it, he's a decent sized gaming Youtuber but he's also a wrestling manager and often puts out videos on scumbaggery going on. I think a good way of getting this out there is through Youtubers and influencers if the media won't do anything, there's almost as many eyes on them.