Saudi Shitshow

tiger_rick

• Awards Moderator

He was happy to have that shocker with Lesnar at WMXX be his ā€˜last matchā€™ for over a decade. This one was not good but I donā€™t know why heā€™d suddenly be fussed about his standing and reputation in-ring. And the WWE fans turned on him and started booing him when he was having that incredibleĀ babyface run a couple of years ago because he beat Kevin Owens, he owes them nothing either.

• Paid Members

This thread couldn't have been more appropriately named. How Goldberg and Undertaker stood up after the brain buster and spike tombstone beats the hell out of me. A disaster of a show on every level.Ā 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Read about the Matt Riddle stuff. He's such an annoying prick.

Couldn't disagree more. The guy clearly knows that he's untouchable at this point in his career and is seeing how far he can push it with the higher-ups. I'm surprised he didn't take a shot at Trips vs Orton going twenty fiveĀ  fucking minutes in 2019.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

Poor Bill. He did well to do what he did after clearly being done after he bashed his nut. Still a little miffed they didn't just call it a night soon after it.

The final chokeslam was tragic, but at least it was one of the few safe big move spot in the match.Ā 

18 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Couldn't disagree more. The guy clearly knows that he's untouchable at this point in his career and is seeing how far he can push it with the higher-ups. I'm surprised he didn't take a shot at Trips vs Orton going twenty fiveĀ  fucking minutes in 2019.

I just don't get Riddle, nothing about him is remotely likeable to me. He probably didn't take shots at Trips and Orton because they are full time company men.

He probably also thinks Jay and Silent Bob are cool.

Amazing show. What's with BillĀ headbutting stuff? WhatĀ a fucking moron. I nearly fell off my chairĀ laughing when he took Undertaker down with the leg submission because at that moment I knew we were getting a disaster of epic proportions instead of the 4 minute squash match it should have been. And boy did they deliver!Ā 

I was stunned there wereĀ jackhammer and tombstone reversal spots even put in the match. TheseĀ old cunts aren't pulling that off, even withoutĀ bleeding and concussing themselves.Ā 

TheĀ producers/agents forĀ some of WWE's matches need to be shot.Ā  TheirĀ last PPV was a state and this was even worse. The main event was mindbogglingly put together,Ā Lars was LOL and Shane/Reigns would have been outrightĀ offensive if IĀ still gave a shit about Roman. I don't mean to be ageist but fancy having this middle-aged, uncoordinated sweaty idiot going toe to toe with your biggest full time star. Shane winning is one thing but him basicallyĀ having Roman's number during the match is horseshit. Cutting a promoĀ is all it takes forĀ Shane'O toĀ lookĀ likeĀ he's about to drop dead of heart failure.Ā This is the top heel, well doneĀ WWE.Ā I wouldn't wish death onĀ anyone but in this case I'dĀ take a near miss.Ā 

Fucking state of this company atm.

Ā 

I have to admit I really enjoyed the Goldberg-Taker match. Ā If you take out the jackhammer and piledriver spots it would have been fun! Ā I did laugh because you can literally hear Goldberg headbutt the door before it opens, there's a little yelp.

Tough old bastard though, pretty much everything went wrong in that but he got through it,

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Speaking Goldberg in 2004, how did Hustle manage to get him in for the match with Ogawa when Goldberg was under contract to WWE?

I seem to remember it was in his contract he could do Japanese dates, though they get fucked off with him if he actually booked any.Ā 

Not watched it but it's surreal even reading the results. The companies in the weirdest state it's ever been in right now, surely, since probably the overnight changing of the guard and legal scandals around the time of Hogan's departure in 93. Financially safe as houses but creatively spent to the extentĀ that the actual ongoing product just feels like a negligible side effect of the fact that WWE are this towering behemoth of nostalgia. It kind of reminds me of how bands like the Stones put out literally decades of albums nobody gave a toss about just as an excuse to keep on the road touring.Ā 

And I'm not being a downer, I just find it genuinely fascinating. By far the most fascinating thing going on in wrestling at the moment. There's no end to how much worse the bankable legends are getting, no big stars on the horizon, a dearth of aesthetic and production change, an actual knuckling down on the turgid win-loss-win-loss rematch format of the shows and no light whatsoever at the end of the tunnel, save for the scientifically improbable off chance that some creepy fucking vampire will sneeze whilst doing a bench press at four in the morning and just fizzle up into the air and dissolve like Lord Voldemort.Ā 

17 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

What do you think would be different next time if he couldnā€™t get into ā€œring shapeā€ this time around and with Saudi money to motivate him?

I'd be happy with him just having a squash match. Have someone run him down for a few weeks, then as soon as the bell rings Spear/Jackhammer. 1-2-3.

That's really what Goldberg has always been about, no need to complicate things or have matches go beyond 5 minutes.Ā 

Edited by Briefcase

His squash of Owens was perfect booking. Ā Have someone bitch out and run scared from him, then get caught and blammo! Ā Hell, Rock Goldberg was basically that as well.

It is annoying as his last run was so great. The Mainia match was a nice end as well to his career. I'll always be a bit of a Goldberg mark. Also Taker/Goldberg in the Rumble a few years back was all I ever needed to see of those two together.

'Taker is just tragic to watch. Just hang up the boots and show up every now and then looking cool. Nobody needs Undertaker in a match ever again.