Saudi Shitshow

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I honestly wonder what level of scandal it would have to take to stop them running these shows, if any. Goldberg not getting allowed into the country because he's a Jew might do it.

I also wonder what the long-term plan is - the Saudi backers are obviously throwing money at "dream matches" and big names, but in seven or eight years time, where are those names coming from? I'm honestly expecting that we'll see Undertaker vs. Sting in Saudi Arabia, and that we may well see Hulk Hogan wrestle, and maybe even Steve Austin wrestle over there. If he thinks he can get away with it scandal-free, I think The Rock will wrestle there. 

• Paid Members

That giant space between the raised seats and the floor seats speaks massive volumes about that country. Awful place.

Despite the controversy surrounding the first event, I still watched just out of curiosity. The dead crowd and half-speed house show matches pretty much confirmed that these events aren't for me, even if there weren't any scandals.

Edited by Accident Prone
Spelling

18 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Goldberg not getting allowed into the country because he's a Jew might do it.

I think Jews are fine, it's just those who were born in Israel who can't get in. Big Bill, being a Tulsa, Oklahoma native won't see any problems I wouldn't imagine.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, David said:

I think Jews are fine, it's just those who were born in Israel who can't get in. Big Bill, being a Tulsa, Oklahoma native won't see any problems I wouldn't imagine.

For a long time practicing Jews of any nationality weren't permitted to enter. It's very recent that this changed, and there are still stories of anyone who lists their religion as Jewish struggling to get a visa. I'm surprised Heyman was able to appear in Saudi Arabia, given that he has visited Israel, and generally anyone with an Israeli stamp in their passport is denied entry, or work permits. Though obviously money talks.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

For a long time practicing Jews of any nationality weren't permitted to enter. It's very recent that this changed, and there are still stories of anyone who lists their religion as Jewish struggling to get a visa. I'm surprised Heyman was able to appear in Saudi Arabia, given that he has visited Israel, and generally anyone with an Israeli stamp in their passport is denied entry, or work permits. Though obviously money talks.

Has Heyman definitely visited Isreal or is it one of his famous lies for no apparent reason?

9 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Awesome, can't wait to see the women's match.

I'm sure they could get into the country without much problem. I don't think the organisers want women's matches on the card though, do they?

• Paid Members

I quite like these Saudi shows on the face of it (notwithstanding the obvious human rights issues), for the simple fact that whoever's paying the WWE seems to be as much of a nostalgia perve as I am.

Edited by garynysmon