Saudi Shitshow

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Fucking hell, that's beyond desperate from Foley.

"It's a difficult choice, given how much money is involved" is an honest, decent answer that actually goes some way to justify why some wrestlers might be convinced to swallow their principles in order to work the Saudi shows. But to go from that to, "it would be a hard choice, but here are the exact circumstances under which I would do it" is just pathetic, desperate touting for business and shots on the socially conscious image Foley tries to project.

Hey may as well have said "Make me an offer, it won't be as much as think, I bet!"

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Fucking hell, that's beyond desperate from Foley.

"It's a difficult choice, given how much money is involved" is an honest, decent answer that actually goes some way to justify why some wrestlers might be convinced to swallow their principles in order to work the Saudi shows. But to go from that to, "it would be a hard choice, but here are the exact circumstances under which I would do it" is just pathetic, desperate touting for business and shots on the socially conscious image Foley tries to project.

DoRSQRfWsAgwwcm?format=jpg&name=large

22 minutes ago, David said:

So, I'm reading that big Bill is earning in the region of $2 million for this show. That can't be right, surely? Didn't he earn $2.5 million per year back in the mental WCW days?

It wouldn't be a surprise for this to be by far the biggest payday of his career. WWE make almost as much from a Saudi show as WCW did in a year during the good times.

I may be being totally thick? (shhhhh). Groves fought Smith over that nick of the woods and theres been more boxing planned over there. Is it different parts of the place the boxing is taking place to the wrestling? No one really blinked an eye at the boxing over there other than being a bit pissed off it should have been in Blighty as it was two top British fighters fighting. Or do Wrestling fans have more of a conscience than Boxing fans?

Edited by Porkchopcash

1 hour ago, Porkchopcash said:

I may be being totally thick? (shhhhh). Groves fought Smith over that nick of the woods and theres been more boxing planned over there. Is it different parts of the place the boxing is taking place to the wrestling? No one really blinked an eye at the boxing over there other than being a bit pissed off it should have been in Blighty as it was two top British fighters fighting. Or do Wrestling fans have more of a conscience than Boxing fans?

The boxing match took place a few days before the Saudi regime "allegedly" murdered Jamal Khashoggi, Crown Jewel took place a month after.

In fairness the Saudi regime have been dodgy as fuck since time began, it just depends if what they're up to hits the mainstream headlines or not as to how much the average Joe cares. 

I'm not really sure the average wrestling fan cares or even knows most of what's going on over there, in much the same way as most boxing fans don't either. The reaction on this board is sadly that of a minority, and you'd likely see some of us raise our eyebrows and discuss it a bit if and when a high profile boxing match takes place over there.

TL;DR: Most folk don't give a fuck, which is why they get away with doing what they do for the most part.

11 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

Boxing fans probably don’t hate boxing. A lot of wrestling fans only care about whagwan in Saudi Arabia when it can tie in to a complaint about WWE, in the same way that a lot of “not” racists in Burberry clothes become feminists but only if the women are oppressed by a Curry Man.

• Paid Members
On 5/1/2019 at 11:16 AM, BomberPat said:

Didn't Heyman visit Israel?

Generally anyone with an Israeli stamp in their passport is denied entry, or work permits. Though obviously money talks.

There's a few things here.

1. Israel don't stamp your passport, you get a slip of paper attached to your passport. Either keep it for prosperity or throw it in the bin once the plane leaves Tel Aviv.

Although I think it's reciprocated, so he may have problems returning. I've heard of numerous stories questioning why that person visited a certain Country, Saudi must be high upon that list.

Although having said that the area inside the Walls of Jerusalem is split by faith including a Muslim area. Inside there is the Dome on the Rock, I think the second holiest place in Islam. This must be high on the list for many Saudis to make a pilgrimage there. 

2. Some people are allowed to hold two passports from the same Country. The UK allow you to do this. But in the UK this needs to be done through work. If the US is the same WWE would surely be able to obtain one.

I think Australia allow their Citizens two passports so they can navigate issues entering one Country when you have visited another. 

3. This deal was announced during Trumps time in office. I'm sure he has assisted on this. The US has close ties with the Saudis. Vince and Donald are long time besties, any issue and with one phone call to DTrumpz, I'm sure can get easily smoothed over. 

4. Isn't this some pick and choose who they want to appear from one of the main members of the Saudi Royal family. Why have they picked a Jew to headline

On 5/5/2019 at 10:07 AM, King Pitcos said:

Boxing fans probably don’t hate boxing. A lot of wrestling fans only care about whagwan in Saudi Arabia when it can tie in to a complaint about WWE, in the same way that a lot of “not” racists in Burberry clothes become feminists but only if the women are oppressed by a Curry Man.

He's hot, he's spicy, he spreads hate. .....

• Paid Members

I wonder if they’ve got enough money to convinced Stone Cold to come back for the Goldberg dream match. I’d love that.

Even if Austin can’t really go anymore, just do a five minute match where they reverse and then exchange finishers. It’s all about that face to face just after the bell rings, anyway.

Goldberg’s brilliant last run proved how little working the usual 20 minute main event mattered. I get enough overlong matches on a weekly basis. Give me the megastars smashing fucking out of each other in mad, fun sprints.

D6B864BB-B067-4798-ACBE-69986B39A8EB.jpeg.fe37a40b830dfac34c754f8afad71c61.jpeg

Fuck. Yes.

Edited by Supremo