Saudi Shitshow

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So according to some “news” sites, Kofi is dropping the belt to Goldberg on this show, which is then leading to another Goldberg v Brock match at Summerslam. 

That's the daftest thing I've ever heard. Putting a belt back on Lesnar if he's retired from UFC, fine. Having Goldberg do the honours for him again would be utterly pointless. The issue's long dead between them and it wouldn't make Lesnar any more hated than he already is.

No chance is this true.

How much do we reckon that Saudi deal involves...if not creative control let's call it a little casual "here's what we want to see". Because a big, bald fucker who was all over trading cards and spray painted on car bonnets twenty years ago winning the big one seems like the exact kind of send 'em home mildly content that the regime would really go for. 

Maybe I'll abandon all my pithy pretences and start tuning in out of curiosity again if they start showing up on these shows as a heel authority faction. 

Goldberg winning the title in full Hogan WrestleMania IX sequence would be the most Saudi show thing they could possibly do, I reckon. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, air_raid said:

That's the daftest thing I've ever heard. Putting a belt back on Lesnar if he's retired from UFC, fine. Having Goldberg do the honours for him again would be utterly pointless. The issue's long dead between them and it wouldn't make Lesnar any more hated than he already is.

No chance is this true.

Isn't this just the Saudis throwing shit loads of cash about for the matches/people they want to see? 

It's not that unthinkable, really. 

That would also put Goldberg on Smackdown, guess there is a chance he could appear on Smackdown with the new Fox deal but when he returns to promote the Saudi appearance and any future appearances its surely going to be on Raw.

Has Goldberg ever been on an Episode of Smackdown?

If you had suggested Goldberg vs Kofi for the WWE Championship was a realistic possibility just 2 months ago, you'd of said yeah only if your playing WWE2K19, mental to think that could be a match that could happen   

• Paid Members

I've had a look at the accounts who are reporting this and I can safely say that you've got nothing to worry about in regards to Kofi losing to Goldberg. They're shit arse accounts with no legitimacy.

What might happen though, if the Saudi's really want Golberg in a championship bout, is Kofi drops the title to Owens, who then loses it to Goldberg (mirroring the Owens/Goldberg title change from a few years ago).

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Isn't this just the Saudis throwing shit loads of cash about for the matches/people they want to see? 

It's not that unthinkable, really. 

It's unthinkable that Goldberg wins a world title early June and holds it to SummerSlam, that its Goldberg whom Lesnar beats to start another title reign, that Goldberg vs Lesnar for the WWE title is a promoted match at SummerSlam. Yes, it's unthinkable.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So according to some “news” sites, Kofi is dropping the belt to Goldberg on this show. 

My Dad would have a fit if I told him which one out of these two was actually the world heavyweight champion.

kofi.jpg

goldbergd-1280x720.jpg

Edited by garynysmon

1 minute ago, garynysmon said:

My Dad would have a fit if we told him which one out of these two was the world heavyweight champion.

As would most people who aren't "in the wrestling bubble" I'd imagine. The general perception has always been that pro wrestlers are huge, larger than life characters with muscles that make them look like real-life action figures.