Saudi Shitshow

tiger_rick

His legacy was tarnished years ago but, I really cannot believe Foley's comments (and juding by the comments on here I am not alone). Here is a man, who has admitted he is in a lot of pain and publically said how he was upset that he could no longer ride rollercoasters anymore due to the injuries he has incurred over the years and then he makes a twat statement like this.

Foley is known for being thrifty with money surely he doesn't need the money? Or is it just a case, (as I expect) that he is just seeking a bit of publicity?

Edited by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz

Foley is just being honest. There aren't many who'll turn down a ludicrous sum of cash from the Saudi's. In fact, the only people who bang on about how morally reprehensible it is are those that the Saudi's aren't interested in paying for anything.

It's easy to say you wouldn't take the money when you've not been offered the money. It's like football fans who berate a player who's left their team to go somewhere else for multiple times their current wage. Easy to do when it's not you being offered a shitload more dough for essentially doing the same job.

Money talks, and I'm sure that if the Saudi's were mental enough to pay him a lot of cash to shuffle around the ring for a bit he'd take it. Why not? Easy money that will help secure his kids and grandkids lives a bit in the future when he's not here.

• Paid Members
On 5/1/2019 at 11:16 AM, BomberPat said:

For a long time practicing Jews of any nationality weren't permitted to enter. It's very recent that this changed, and there are still stories of anyone who lists their religion as Jewish struggling to get a visa. I'm surprised Heyman was able to appear in Saudi Arabia, given that he has visited Israel, and generally anyone with an Israeli stamp in their passport is denied entry, or work permits. Though obviously money talks.

If you visit Israeli they give you a visit card rather than a passport stamp because they know a stamp basically bars you from visiting the rest of the Middle East. Basically anyone who's not Muslim won't get a Visa to Saudi unless they have a business sponsor. 

31 minutes ago, David said:

Money talks, and I'm sure that if the Saudi's were mental enough to pay him a lot of cash to shuffle around the ring for a bit he'd take it. Why not? Easy money that will help secure his kids and grandkids lives a bit in the future when he's not here

I think for Foley the issue would be that 'when he's not here' could be pretty immediate if he does it.

1 minute ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I think for Foley the issue would be that 'when he's not here' could be pretty immediate if he does it.

You think so? I'd wager he would lumber around the ring, maybe do the over the top rope bump, bugger about with a fake barb-wire baseball bat, pull a sock out his pants, shoot some finger pistols then fuck off back to collect his money.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, David said:

You think so? I'd wager he would lumber around the ring, maybe do the over the top rope bump, bugger about with a fake barb-wire baseball bat, pull a sock out his pants, shoot some finger pistols then fuck off back to collect his money.

I reckon that match will do down that way exactly, only with some outside interference so some other poor chap can take the big bump to the sounds of crickets.

Edited by Accident Prone
Spelling

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, that's beyond desperate from Foley.

"It's a difficult choice, given how much money is involved" is an honest, decent answer that actually goes some way to justify why some wrestlers might be convinced to swallow their principles in order to work the Saudi shows. But to go from that to, "it would be a hard choice, but here are the exact circumstances under which I would do it" is just pathetic, desperate touting for business and shots on the socially conscious image Foley tries to project.