Saudi Shitshow

tiger_rick

2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

No more evidence is needed that Saudi Arabia is a fucked up country, than that. If the Prince demands another Backlund vs Bret Hart match, I'll probably just stop watching.

Could have been worse. It could have been Orton Vs. Cena.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Hopefully the 50 man battle royal is like the 1992 40 man ones. Brian Costello, Glen Ruth and the Dublin Destroyer getting involved.Ā 

"Oh Crush is in it, he'll win I imagine ... oh he's been eliminated and Duane Gill is still in ..."

Love the Battle Royals where the wrestlers just wanted to leave the match before their pills kicked in.

Can't wait until the prince gets to the Ruthless Agression era on his Network viewing. I'd love a gimmick battle royal from that era. Mordecai, Kenzo Suzuki, Luther Reigns, Heidenreich.Ā 

Can imagine him getting to the pipe bomb and utterly disregarding it.Ā 

"Ooh, get me Kevin Nash."

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Taker/Goldberg is one for the things you didn't know you wanted thread. Genuinely don't think its ever crossed my mind and the second I heard about it, I wanted to see it.

I'm really not sure. As much as it's a huge match, I can't think of two big match wrestlersĀ lessĀ suited for one another than 'Taker and Goldberg, particularly in 2019.

Undertaker isn't letting Goldberg have one of his Brock Lesnar matches (unless he's genuinely past caring), and Goldberg will be dreadful in a drawn out, plodding Undertaker match. You never know, though, it might be like the Lesnar/Goldberg Wrestlemania match and just a mad sprint between two blokes wrestling like 12 year olds on the video game who gave themselves infinite finishers.

23 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

it might be like the Lesnar/Goldberg Wrestlemania match and just a mad sprint between two blokes wrestling like 12 year olds on the video game who gave themselves infinite finishers.

This is what I'm hoping for. Like a reverse of the Cena/ Taker 'Mania match, fairly quick, both blokes get to hit their finishers but nothing longer than 10 minutes.

• Paid Members

Iā€™m really not warmed by the prospect of a Undertaker/Goldberg match. As @BomberPatĀ says, not in 2019, any way.

I can see Goldberg hitting a spear and then waiting an eternity whilst Undertaker writhes around on the mat, gasping for air andĀ musteringĀ upĀ the energy to get back to his feet.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Yeah, all morals and principals go out of the window when it's something you want to see.

I'll definitely be watching that,they have sucked me in again just like they did with the "Greatest Royal Rumble" and DX vs BOD.Ā šŸ˜‚

Couldn't disagree more. Politics aside, these Saudi shows have had all the atmosphere and charm of a sewer. Usually a match like Goldberg vs Undertaker canĀ get by on sheer absurdity and the all-important 'big fight feel', but it's going to take place in front of a muted crowd and be sapped of any gravitas.