Saudi Shitshow

tiger_rick

He’s never going to show up looking cool. He looks like granddad has wandered out of the old people’s home, got stuck in a tanning bed for an afternoon, and ended up on RuPaul’s drag race. He always looks so vacant now. I’m sure he’s not actually got dementia, but he doesn’t look fully with it anymore.

The whole 'Deadman' character is stale as nowadays as well, I just fast forward his entrances as they're shite. Been doing that for the last ten years to be fair. If he's still going insist on wrestling then he should just go back to the biker gimmick and use a general brawling style, though he probably couldn't even manage that.

Nah, just hang up the boots actually, no need to see Undertaker in a ring anymore.

I've been a big 'Taker fan since his debut at Survivor Series, but I think even the ol' boy himself knows that his time is more than passed for this type of event.  HoF the man, celebrate his legacy.  Let him focus on his non-wrestling business now.

As for Goldberg ... *meh* ... never a fan, but admired his tenacity or sheer guts to be in the biz.

The face on 'Taker said it all ... I don't think he'll be at next year's Mania unless it's for HoF.

Why is everyone so quick to retire off Goldberg and Taker? They are one of the only last few mega draws worth watching?

Myself and I sense a large chunk of others only tune in to see Taker, Lesner, Cena, Batista, Goldberg, HHH, Sting, you know the last of the stars who know how to evoke an emotional reaction from a crowd. 

Long live both. 

8 hours ago, IronSheik said:

Why is everyone so quick to retire off Goldberg and Taker? They are one of the only last few mega draws worth watching?

Myself and I sense a large chunk of others only tune in to see Taker, Lesner, Cena, Batista, Goldberg, HHH, Sting, you know the last of the stars who know how to evoke an emotional reaction from a crowd. 

Long live both. 

This would be fine, but they can’t do their moves on each other safely anymore. Undertaker has looked a wreck for years now. Goldberg still looks the part and in theory could still be fine, but he bashed his head open on the dressing room door and then knocked himself out charging into the ringpost. It might have just been a bad night for him. 

9 hours ago, IronSheik said:

Long live both. 

Eh?

Just watched it. 

Goldberg looks great, until he moves and then he's got a fragile, awkward, clumsiness to him. 

Taker is physically held together with gaffer tape these days and needs someone who'll 'jump' for him on the lifts. 

It was always a bad idea but money talks

Goldbergs obviously still doing that stupid 'headbutt' something hard pre match ritual which is a hangup from his American football days. That stupidity has probably given him more  brain injury then any match he's had

It was fascinating for all the wrong reasons due to exposing boths limitations. Factor in Goldberg braining himself, and they both almost killing each other with their finishers and you just had much watch viewing. 

Either against someone who'll bounce around for them and they can still 'go' but it really needs careful thought. 

Of the 2 Goldberg has more left, u just need spear and jackhammer....done type squashes. 

5 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Because now they just fill the spectator with embarrassment, pity or worry for their safety. Not the reactions they should be trying to evoke 

But only a short while ago Goldberg had a triumphant box office programme with Lesner which played to his strengths and I think he still has massive value as a top TOP draw.

Take the point with Taker of late, but again book him with the right guy and have him squash some cookie cutter prick every now and then, or have him finally do his last job on the way out to elevate someone.

There just isn't a stock of big stars and I suppose I just dread the day we say farewell to the last of the box office guys who truly know how to work an audience.

Goldberg's always been a clumsy bastard. He knocked himself out doing the same ringpost spot in WCW, he booted Bret's head in and ended his career, he probably injured a lot more. That's who he is, uncoordinated, clunky, but his matches are always spectacles through his trademark big spots and megastar presence. He's in Sid's bracket. 

Taker on the other hand moves like shit, looks like shit, clinging onto some semblance of who he once was. It's sad really. He needs to pack it in, now. Seeing him post-match with his mental hairline, in guy-liner and piss-orange tan disillusioned that a 15 minute match with Goldberg turned into shit just shows how far he has fallen. 

Edited by Richard