Saudi Shitshow

tiger_rick

16 hours ago, The Dart said:

Seems a bit unreasonable.

As in wrestlers who were called out. Obviously it's handled on a case by case scenario. 

But basically if someone got called out, or has a reputation for inappropriate behavior, (and there is enough weight behind it) they are not welcome to perform.

• 1 month later...

The Saudi cards have turned into those Rebellion and Insurrextion shows that we used to get over here.  What happened to the big novelty matches with the legends?

Crown Jewel 2021

Universal Championship Match:
Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar

WWE Championship Match:
Big E. vs. Drew McIntyre

RAW Tag Team Championships Match

RKBro vs. AJ Styles & Omos

SmackDown Women’s Championship Match:
Becky Lynch vs. Bianca Belair vs. Sasha Banks

Hell in a Cell Match:
Edge vs. Seth Rollins

No Holds Barred Match:
Bobby Lashley vs. Goldberg

King of the Ring Finals:

Finn Bálor vs. Xavier Woods

Queen’s Crown Finals:
Zelina Vega vs. Doudrop

Mansoor v Ali

Edited by Perry

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Not sure there are any that can still go these days.

Well there's Lesnar, Goldberg and Edge for starters. The comparison to UK PPV's is absolutely ridiculous. Reigns vs. Lesnar is the biggest match they could possibly promote not containing The Rock. It's bigger than their Mania main events.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Perry said:

I'd rather see Hunter lace up his boots again. 

The man was just in hospital with a heart problem!

The show isn't as full-on bonkers as dragging in Tyson Fury or random sumo blokes, but I imagine that's a combination of them managing expectations as to what a "big" card looks like and the pandemic preventing some people from travelling. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Perry said:

Seeing Edge and Goldberg is no longer a novelty.  I'd rather see Hunter lace up his boots again.  Take the Reigns/Lesnar match out, you have pretty much got a pointless Rebellion card.

It might not be a novelty but they are the legends they have who can still go. Edge/Rollins is the blow-off to the second biggest feud on Smackdown inside the cell. Big E/McIntyre would be a PPV main event on it's own. Lashley's the previous champ taking on a legend in Goldberg. The Smackdown women's title match is big for that division and the tag title match is two of their best 4 teams.

I'm not interested in watching it but it's what they have. These are pretty much all of their biggest names.

3 minutes ago, Perry said:

Seeing Edge and Goldberg is no longer a novelty.  I'd rather see Hunter lace up his boots again.  Take the Reigns/Lesnar match out, you have pretty much got a pointless Rebellion card.

Eh??

A new King of the ring being crowned

The first ever Queen crowns (effectively Queen of the Ring) being handed out

A Hell in a cell match that has been built over months and is more fitting of the Cell then anything we've had in years.

If anything This card is closer to a Wrestlemania than a throwaway Uk PPV that didn't even get a mention on Raw or Smackdown the weeks leading up or the weeks after they happened 

• Paid Members

When was the last Hell in a Cell match that happened at the natural culmination of a feud rather than because it was a specific time of the year? It’s got to be at least a decade.

For that reason alone this feels like a huge novelty, whatever you think about Edge or Seth as performers or their feud overall.

Multi-month-feud-ending Hell in a Cell match doesn’t scream non-canon UK PPV to me.