Saudi Shitshow

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

Is he that talented though?

He's good in the ring, which I guess is what I meant. There have been a load of people with atrocious characters down the years but they're normally shitarses anyway with the character some attempt to get the best from them. He's way better than that.

• Paid Members

Seth was fantastic as the speedy guy pinballing through teams from the hot tag with The Shield. He did ok with The Authority, but since then, he has been that guy on a similar level to Jericho, Edge etc as someone who could potentially win the big belt, but wont get a lengthy run as THE top guy, but without the character work or Jericho or Edge. 

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

Seth Rollins is the embodiment of the blind spot WWE struggles with between heel heat and oh, just fuck off heat.

They’ll put out these unbearably shit, annoying, embarrassing-to-watch characters, with the line already locked and loaded if people voice their displeasure. “What’s the matter? Did we work you?” Yeah, lads. Worked me into fast-forwarding your segments or not watching entirely. I don’t want to watch you lose. I don’t want the babyfaces to get their revenge on you. I just want you to go away. Baron Corbin syndrome. There was hope they’d learned their lesson when Corbin at his worst resulted in the McMahons having to literally apologise on air, but that didn’t really amount to much and they still struggle with the concept years later.

The best thing Seth has done in recent years is the character he’s been playing on Twitter, which is essentially just his own stupid, tragic, dickhead personality turned up to eleven. Fair play to the guy for clocking there was something to what a bell-end he’s made himself look time and time again, and deciding to lean into it. I suppose when you lose an argument and come out worse when bickering with Will Ospreay you’ve got to admit that’s something about your personality to think about and explore. But yeah, that’s the guy they should put on TV, stupid moron constantly making an arse of himself, not this boring, cackling twat. Terminally mid-card either way though. I can’t think of many people who’ve had as many chances as Seth on top, both as a face and as a heel, who’s proven time and time again to not have the chops.

Edited by Supremo

Whenever I arbitrarily tune in Seth Rollins seems to have gained an extra meaningless nickname. And then I ask why he's being referred to as "The Architect" or "The Kingslayer" or what the "Burn It Down" nonsense is about and someone will explain to me that he did something in NXT or beat HHH several years ago and I'll be left even more confused as to what he's actually meant to be. 

I know The Rock, as an example, had a dozen nicknames from "The Brahma Bull" (an admittedly shit example for my upcoming argument) or "The People's Champ" or "The Most Electifying Man..." but those are fairly timeless nicknames, they still mean something. 

Maybe I haven't seen enough lately but I also wouldn't categorise him as a great wrestler in the ring. He's an athletic chap with crisp looking moves but I've never felt anything while watching him. Never cares about why he's doing what he's doing.

There's certain guys in the WWE (and elsewhere to be fair) where I'd like to say "actually mate, you can't do any Cruiserweight moves tonight or any of your signature spots" just to see if their brain would literally explode. 

• Paid Members

Likewise I've never thought much of Rollins in ring. He can have a cracker with Bryan, Cesaro or Moxley but every other singles match he's had hasn't been anything special or unique. He wrestles like AJ Styles without everything that makes him special.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Likewise I've never thought much of Rollins in ring. He can have a cracker with Bryan, Cesaro or Moxley but every other singles match he's had hasn't been anything special or unique. He wrestles like AJ Styles without everything that makes him special.

I think anyone can have a decent match with Bryan? Cesaro or Moxley though. I think the point you’ve made their is he’s only good when his opponent can make him look good

6 hours ago, Vamp said:

Whenever I arbitrarily tune in Seth Rollins seems to have gained an extra meaningless nickname. And then I ask why he's being referred to as "The Architect" or "The Kingslayer" or what the "Burn It Down" nonsense is about and someone will explain to me that he did something in NXT or beat HHH several years ago and I'll be left even more confused as to what he's actually meant to be. 

I know The Rock, as an example, had a dozen nicknames from "The Brahma Bull" (an admittedly shit example for my upcoming argument) or "The People's Champ" or "The Most Electifying Man..." but those are fairly timeless nicknames, they still mean something. 

Maybe I haven't seen enough lately but I also wouldn't categorise him as a great wrestler in the ring. He's an athletic chap with crisp looking moves but I've never felt anything while watching him. Never cares about why he's doing what he's doing.

There's certain guys in the WWE (and elsewhere to be fair) where I'd like to say "actually mate, you can't do any Cruiserweight moves tonight or any of your signature spots" just to see if their brain would literally explode. 

The Architect nickname was because he, in kayfabe, put the Shield together, the Kingslayer one was because he beat the 'King of Kings' aka Triple H at Mania and Burn It Down was what he claimed he was going to do to Trips' kingdom during the build, hence why it got added to his post-Shield theme when he became top face on Raw, the Beastslayer one was the same as Kingslayer only subbing Trips for 'The Beast' aka Brock Lesnar when he was aiming to win the Universal title the year after the Triple H Mania match. 

• Paid Members

The finish to the women’s triple threat on this show is absolutely bonkers. The most egregious, “BUT IT’S LEGAL,” moment they’ve ever done. Becky - you know, the heel - steals the pin by holding onto the ropes. Byron, doing his job correctly, points out that the heel is cheating to win; “the ropes! The ropes!” But before he’s even finished calling it and before the ref’s hand has even hit three Michael Cole angrily interrupts like a maniac; “IT DOESN’T MATTER IT’S TRIPLE THREAT!”

Amazing. Why even have heels doing heelish things if the babyface commentators are going to scream about how it’s legal, completely undermining the point. I know the answer to almost every question about WWE’s presentation is, “it’s ran by a senile maniac,” but still. There must be internal discussions about this approach. I’d genuinely love to know what they think is being achieved by endlessly justifying the actions of heels like this. It seems so ridiculously counterintuitive.

Yeah though. Best Goldberg match in years, highlighted by an incredible looking finish. Pack it in here, Bill. You’re never having a better match than this again.

Edited by Supremo

5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’d genuinely love to know what they think is being achieved by endlessly justifying the actions of heels like this.

About $50 million per show.

20 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Doe this mean they're going to rename the belts? Because surely it would be a piece of piss to avoid this by either not putting them on people you are going to draft, not drafting the champions or switching the belts between the draft and tonight? Surely the only reason you end up in this scenario is that you want to?

I've convinced myself that's what's going to happen now. Having New Day/ Street profits swap belts for lolz is one thing and makes sense but two arrogant heels who detest each other shouldn't be trying to help each other out. So unless they are going to have them drop the belts suddenly like they used to in the days of the first split or do a winner take all/loser vacates match, renaming would make sense although which one becomes which I don't know due to the colours . 

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Good grief.

Didn't this happen at the last draft where the Raw tag champs ended up on Smackdown and vice versa? They dealt with that by just swapping the belts around 😆

I'm pretty sure they did the same thing with the first draft where the World Heavyweight Champion from Raw ended up going to Smackdown and the WWE champion from Smackdown ended up on Raw? I want to say it was Cena and Batista, but am probably quite wrong. 

41 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm pretty sure they did the same thing with the first draft where the World Heavyweight Champion from Raw ended up going to Smackdown and the WWE champion from Smackdown ended up on Raw? I want to say it was Cena and Batista, but am probably quite wrong. 

It’s easier to move the WWE champion and the Universal champion between shows as the belts aren’t named after the show. It seems Becky and Charlotte swapped the belts in the end, maybe we should have womens universal champion and womens wwe champion? Or they just don’t move the champions 

Edited by stewdogg

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

The finish to the women’s triple threat on this show is absolutely bonkers. The most egregious, “BUT IT’S LEGAL,” moment they’ve ever done. Becky - you know, the heel - steals the pin by holding onto the ropes. Byron, doing his job correctly, points out that the heel is cheating to win; “the ropes! The ropes!” But before he’s even finished calling it and before the ref’s hand has even hit three Michael Cole angrily interrupts like a maniac; “IT DOESN’T MATTER IT’S TRIPLE THREAT!”

Amazing. Why even have heels doing heelish things if the babyface commentators are going to scream about how it’s legal, completely undermining the point. I know the answer to almost every question about WWE’s presentation is, “it’s ran by a senile maniac,” but still. There must be internal discussions about this approach. I’d genuinely love to know what they think is being achieved by endlessly justifying the actions of heels like this. It seems so ridiculously counterintuitive.

Yeah though. Best Goldberg match in years, highlighted by an incredible looking finish. Pack it in here, Bill. You’re never having a better match than this again.

If you watch it back, the ref, midway through the pin, and Becky, change their angles to try their best to make it look like he could not see it. Based on that, I assume the original plan was the 'cheating' aspect. Because it clearly looked like shit, and clearly the ref could see it, Im guessing Cole just thought it was better to go down the 'its legal'/call it as a real sport route rather than pretend the ref couldnt see it, which wasnt a bad shout to be fair.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Dai said:

If you watch it back, the ref, midway through the pin, and Becky, change their angles to try their best to make it look like he could not see it. Based on that, I assume the original plan was the 'cheating' aspect. Because it clearly looked like shit, and clearly the ref could see it, Im guessing Cole just thought it was better to go down the 'its legal'/call it as a real sport route rather than pretend the ref couldnt see it, which wasnt a bad shout to be fair.

Shame they couldn't have had the ref stop the count and do a different finish instead. Mind you changing the finish of a Becky Lynch match because it looks bad doesn't appear to be the done thing.